PCLoverL    0

Sorry, what method?

Oops I didn't realise that I wasn't specific. My bad. What I meant can you do the same method to make the Octane operate with a Mac OSX laptop? Or would the mac not be compatible because of its 6KRO and the keyboard has 19 key anti ghosting? I just need a backup keyboard until my new PC comes. Thanks for replying! :)

Dude Guyman    1

Here's one for the Linux section:

Problem:

In Linux Mint 17.2 Xfce (probably all Ubuntu based Linux distros) the Scroll Lock key is broken/disabled so you can not turn on the back lighting.

Fix:

Temporary:

enter the following terminal command
xmodmap -e 'add mod3 = Scroll_Lock'

Permanent (this only worked sometimes for me):
1. Create a file/document named .Xmodmap in your home directory containing this line: add mod3 = Scroll_Lock

2. Create /etc/X11/Xmodmap containing the same: add mod3 = Scroll_Lock

Terminal commands to do it (replace "text-editor" with whatever you use. mousepad, gedit, leafpad?):

text-editor ~/.Xmodmap

gksudo text-editor /etc/X11/Xmodmap

3. Reboot.

I had better luck with this method:

gksudo leafpad /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us

Add the following line in the xkb_symbols "basic" section at the bottom. "modifier_map Mod3   { Scroll_Lock };"

key <BKSL> {    [ backslash,         bar    ]    };
    modifier_map Mod3   { Scroll_Lock };
};

clear cache:
sudo rm -f /var/lib/xkb/*

reboot

Lupi    0

Bought mine in September, after cleaning it (the house has many cats and a lot of cat hair got behind the keys) the spacebar no longer works. All the other keys work fine. I've tested the spacebar's membrane switch thing by pressing it down without a key part on it and it doesn't register a press.

When I plug it in though, it constantly outputs spaces until I press a key.

Nothing I did should have broken the actual switch, I just wiped the keyboard down with a cleaning wipe. Should I RMA it or is there some other solution? If I do have to RMA it, do I need to send the mouse as well?

UPDATE: Never mind, apparently it decided to start working again, i have no idea what happened with it. My best guess is that the wipe got something down near the spacebar switch, and that kept it from working until it dried or got dislodged.

Will Mertke    0

Where are the Driver Downloads for CMSTORM keyboard? I would not expect this from Cooler Master. I will not be buying any more of their products!!!!!!!!!!!

Lupi    0

Where are the Driver Downloads for CMSTORM keyboard? I would not expect this from Cooler Master. I will not be buying any more of their products!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a plug and play keyboard. it needs no drivers.

you just plug it in, and it works.

flake_x    3

i made a software for windows 7,8,8.1,10 for automatic backlight on start up....

if someone need is here :-)

PS: you must reboot pc after instalation

setup_Devastator MB24.rar

Edited by Breaz Florin
  • Upvote 3

Pclinde    197

i made a software for windows 7,8,8.1,10 for automatic backlight on start up....

I will try it on my iMac this week. (it's still at my parents house).

paul5473    0

This software is good i just tried it out and it worked the only thing i wanted to ask, is there a way of the backlight to turn on before I sign in as I have a password on my computer before i can access my desktop