Kjexed

CM Storm Sirus driver install error

Kjexed    0

Hello!

I recently managed to click wrong on something sound related stuff that popped up on my computer when I entered the ¨Manage audio devices¨ in my Control Panel. Now the headset doesn't come up in the audio devices tab and after trying to uninstall the drivers, download the newest ones the install wizard tells me the following after a few seconds. ¨Unknown Error.  The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation again¨. I've tried all kinds of things, trouble shooting and even guiding windows to the file, but nothing works. Please help!

CM Robert    2

Hi kjexed,

I haven't come across this personally, but have you had a chance to try a system restore? Just get yourself back to an earlier point and see if that resets it?

Kjexed    0

Hi, seems like I can't restore far enough back in time :/ only gives me 2 days back, will need a week minimum.

- Found the driver CD, did the job! Dont know how or why but it worked :)

CM Robert    2

Dude! That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to get it work. Now I'm not going to act like I know the technical engineering into what was fixed, but keep me posted it comes up again in the future. It's hard when situations like this occur and it's just 1 simple setting. Problem is, knowing what that setting is.

Oke, I recently bought the Sirus Storm 5.1 but having issues with what I think the driver software. The headphone workes great the microphone aswell, but I can't change anything in the software. The equalizer, the invironment and bass effects does nothing. I'v got the latest drivers installed, it's even showing up in device manager but the sound is still stereo I thinks. I did manage to set it on 5.1 but that's it. I even tried multiple pc's and the headset workes great on them, but on my computer it won't work. I even switched off all audio devices except the Sirus device!(see picture) It's really frustrating. I took a couple screenshots hope that helpes. Does anyone please have a solution! HELP!

(images are dutch, I have a dutch machine)

Knipsel.png

Knipsel2.png

Knipsel3.png

knud    128

Can you post some pictures of the Sirus software (That is where you need to adjust the EQ, Bass, etc.)?

Does the external remote work?

Can you post some pictures of the Sirus software (That is where you need to adjust the EQ, Bass, etc.)?

Does the external remote work?

Here are some pictures of the Sirus software. But the weird thing is, I can turn on everything, but there is no change in the soundquality, nothing changes. The external remote works, but only 'master volume'. I can change all settings on the remote but no changes in quality. :(

image.png

image.png

image.png

knud    128

What happens if you set the EQ to max (slide everything up)? Any difference in sound?

Possible to try the headset on another computer? Does it give the same result?

What happens if you set the EQ to max (slide everything up)? Any difference in sound?

Possible to try the headset on another computer? Does it give the same result?

Yeah tried that before but no difference in sound. 

I tried the headset on a different computer and it worked in a no time, just plug and play and everything worked. But on the other computer at device manager, the headset was between 'Input and output devices', on my system it's under 'Game en sound controllers'. Weird.

knud    128

Can you remove the drivers, including from device manager, then unplug the headset and reboot the PC and plug them back in. Then install the driver again.