buenoexcellente

Spawn mouse buttons not binding

I am trying to get the Spawn to bind ctrl & shift to the 6 & 7 buttons respectively.  I installed the driver as the administrator & installed the latest firmware.

I go in through the software, and choose a keyboard key.  I then set the keys, and attempt to test them: nothing.

I restart the system, and test again:  again nothing.

I uninstall any old mouse drivers, and try again: nothing.

I try setting the side buttons to f & k and test them in a word processor:  Nothing.  There's no response at all when they are pressed.

I notice that another thing I'm doing is setting the mouse acceleration to off, but every time I open the program it shows that it's still on.

So I start to think that maybe the driver isn't getting installed.   I go into Device Manager and all it says is that this is a HID Compliant Mouse

So....  

Suggestions? 

Man I am having nothing but trouble with this thing.  The mouse wheel scrolls so far that I think it must be bound to pg-up & pg-down functions.  

The device manager now shows it as 3 devices A USB Compliant Device, and two USB input devices.  

WTF is going on?  I've never had any trouble using any other mouse.

David Drake    0

I am sorry I ever bought this mouse. It doesn't work like a mouse. The software redirects the mouse buttons to keyboard keys. This means I either have to reprogram it every time I change software or I have to go into all my software to find an obscure key none of them use to set as a mouse3 and mouse4. I prefer the Xornet but it must have not only been discontinued but is now out of stock everywhere but the buttons wear out really fast. This Spawn is a nice, sturdy device but the programming on it is horrid. I can press keys with a keyboard.

Pclinde    197

Hi David,

Sorry to hear this! I forwarded this post to HQ. (They probably answer on Monday, because the office is closed right now).

Cheers, Pim

CM Bram    37

We have checked this but indeed found the same issue you are facing with CTRL and ALT (other keys tested worked for us). Also the strange issue on when saving the settings.

We will look into it and if we find a solution it will be posted at the download section of the Spawn product page. 

Regards,

Bram

Bri    0

Hi-I am having the exact same issue. Has a solution been implemented yet to fix this? Thanks

David Drake    0

Actually, yes. For buttons 6 & 7, I am afraid I don't know but I have found that buttons 4 & 5 can be programmed with "IE_Forward" and "IE_Back" to make them work without assigning a keybind to an actual key. I happened upon this quite by mistake but it works.