Jagi

Hyper 212 evo - Messed up bracket?

Jagi    0

Hey everyone. I was putting together a PC earlier today. I had just gotten my Hyper 212 evo in the mail. When I opened the box, everything looked to be there, nothing out of order. Seal was still on the box. The only problem is, the x bracket that holds the plate down, it looks a bit funky.

ShWr7m4.jpg

So yeah... I don't know if the screws can be removed, I'm assuming they can't. Is this a fluke? Should I contact the seller, or am I just dumb and missing something here? Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey everyone. I was putting together a PC earlier today. I had just gotten my Hyper 212 evo in the mail. When I opened the box, everything looked to be there, nothing out of order. Seal was still on the box. The only problem is, the x bracket that holds the plate down, it looks a bit funky.

ShWr7m4.jpg

So yeah... I don't know if the screws can be removed, I'm assuming they can't. Is this a fluke? Should I contact the seller, or am I just dumb and missing something here? Thanks in advance for any help!

i have the sam cpu cooler and all 4 screws is on same way this is wrong try to trn down this 2 screws who locking up

Jagi    0

I don't know how to remove the screws, if this is even possible. Could anyone offer me any advice?

world    84

I would recommend contacting support or the store that you bought the hyper 212 evo from. The 4 screws are supposed to all be facing the right direction, so you somehow got a unit where 2 of them were unfortunately flipped.

Pclinde    197

The nut in the middle looks like a 'thumbscrew'. Have you tried to loosen (unscrew) it? Maybe you can remove it, remove the spring, turn it around, place back the spring and screw the nut back on.

Jagi    0

I've tried that. But then the X bracket loses it's "X-shape" the diagonal directions become stacked and doesn't line up with where the standoffs would need to be screwed down. Also, if I turned that side upside-down, then the bumps that lock into the holes on the other side wouldn't make contact, therefore, the bracket wouldn't be able to snap into the predetermined shapes it needs to take. The problem looks to me that the screws were inserted in the wrong direction of the more important of the two pieces. I don't know how this happens, but it's prevented me from using the cooler completely.

Kevin Voong    0

It is possible to remove the metal ring that holds the spring in place with a flat head screw driver. But you shouldn't have to. Have you contacted Cooler Master support and where are you located?

Jagi    0

I'm located on the west coast USA. I'm sorry, but I do not know how to use CM Fanzone. Should I create a support ticket?

I'm located on the west coast USA. I'm sorry, but I do not know how to use CM Fanzone. Should I create a support ticket?

Jagi,

Just go to the link below, and it will walk you through the process to get this part replaced.

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-part-replacement-Parts-Request/?l=en_US

The part you will want to request is "Retention Plate(X-Bracket)".