KAYVANH

HELP: Computer doesn't turn on

Kevin Voong    0

To jump-start the you don't need to open the power switch. On your mb you will see a connector labeled POWER SW, once you have removed the POWER SW there will be 2 pins exposed. You can touched these 2 pins with any paper clip of metal object like a flat head screw driver. This should start your system. If the system continued to same issue, then you may want to look at the motherboard and psu.

CM Felinni    1

hi all, 

I have a quite high performance computer which friend of mine made it about 2.5 years ago, it has a Cooler Master HAF 922 case. Everything was fine with it but when just out of blue I turned it on last night it shut itself down. Now it doesn't turn on any more. When I connect it to power and push its power button, fan start to spin for 1 second and then it all goes off. And it doesn't even do that before be disconnected and again connected to electricity.

I have a feeling its switch has a problem. Please let help me if you think you may know what could be wrong with it with such this symptoms. I am really stuck here.

many thanks

It sounds as if you're having a short circuit with either your stand-offs, power supply, or your I/O panel.  Did you install or remove anything recently?  If you can hear the fan on the power supply you can narrow it down to your I/O panel and your stand-offs from your motherboard to your case as it can possibly short out your motherboard while still retaining power. 

Power Supply Trouble Shoot:

Is the rocker switched to on?  Do you have a switch that states 115/215 (Make sure it is set to 115)? 

I can assist you in testing the power supply to narrow down the issue.  You will need to disconnect the power supply from your computer including all accessories and make sure to have the power supply plugged into the power outlet.  You will also need a standard paper clip and access to the 24 pin ATX motherboard cable from your power supply.

Take the paper clip and insert it into Pins 4 (Green wire) and Pin 5 (Black) from the top clip as shown in the attached diagram in a red box.  If the power supply fan turns on then you may have another issue with your system.  If your power supply fan does not spin then we can proceed to an RMA Request at the following link along with you invoice and serial number.

post-94275-0-72364600-1413564389_thumb.png

Stand-off Troubleshoot:

I suggest removing your system and running it outside of your case with the bare minimum CPU, RAM, HDD, GPU and I/O wiring connected.  If it powers up then it's the stand-offs.  Sometimes over torquing the stand-offs into the motherboard can cause a short, the reason I asked you if you removed anything recently.

I/O Panel Troubleshoot:

Test each I/O connector separately with the others not connected to the Power and vice versa.  Connect the reset switch to the power and see if it turns on. Try this with the Power switch as well.

Check your GPU:

Make sure the power connectors are firmly in place as well as the PCIe is seated correctly in the motherboard.

Conclusion:

Your goal is to narrow down the problem to either your Power Supply, I/O Panel, Stand-offs, Motherboard

KAYVANH    0

To jump-start the you don't need to open the power switch. On your mb you will see a connector labeled POWER SW, once you have removed the POWER SW there will be 2 pins exposed. You can touched these 2 pins with any paper clip of metal object like a flat head screw driver. This should start your system. If the system continued to same issue, then you may want to look at the motherboard and psu.

Mb1

Mb2

hi, thanks for your time and reply. I couldn't work out how to attached a photo in this editor but i added image371 and 372 to gallery which show 2 pages of my MB's manual. (hope you can view the files) the motherboard has LED on it which called Power-On Switch (Item No 15 in Image371.jpg) and a Reset Switch (item No. 14 in image372) , is that what you mean? 

KAYVANH    0

thanks for all your reply, help and time guys. The suggested procedures all seem too complicated for me and also I didn't want to take risk (as it was my friend PC). Anyway, long story short, i toke it to a local computer shop and it turned out to be its power supply that had problem. The guys changed it and it's all fine.

regards

Jan Cool    0

I had once the same problem.
After searching the net it turned out that it was a Windows UEFI problem.

Solution turned out to be to dis-connect the graphics card and connect the monitor on the
graphics connection of the motherboard. Then PC with Windows was starting up again....

After that I did put back my graphics card and all went to normal.

Hope this helps someone.