KAYVANH

HELP: Computer doesn't turn on

KAYVANH    0

hi all, 

I have a quite high performance computer which friend of mine made it about 2.5 years ago, it has a Cooler Master HAF 922 case. Everything was fine with it but when just out of blue I turned it on last night it shut itself down. Now it doesn't turn on any more. When I connect it to power and push its power button, fan start to spin for 1 second and then it all goes off. And it doesn't even do that before be disconnected and again connected to electricity.

I have a feeling its switch has a problem. Please let help me if you think you may know what could be wrong with it with such this symptoms. I am really stuck here.

many thanks

world    84

It's difficult to troubleshoot a problem like this, but if I had to guess, I would say it's more likely that your power supply or motherboard may be broken.

If the switch was broken on your case, then the fan wouldn't move at all when you press the power button.

The easiest way to troubleshoot would involve having extra parts, so you could switch out a part and test the computer, and if it still doesn't work, try swapping another part, etc.

I usually keep some spare parts around to do testing like this when something happens, but the easiest way to get a hold of extra parts would be to borrow from a friend :)

KAYVANH    0
Hi, Thank you for your reply, Only clue that I can see is a LED light on motherboard show word "ON", that why i thought motherboard should be OK, it has a  ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard. 

I recorded a short video from the computer only reaction when i push its power switch . The only other thing is that; it spin the fun like this just once and then do nothing at all if I push the bottom again. But when does this again if i disconnect and reconnect it to power.   

Unfortunately I don't have any part to test the computer with it.  I was thinking of taking it to local computer shop (i live in london, but not sure if they can help) any advise highly appreciated.  

many thanks

world    84

Can you give a full parts list of your system? That would be useful for troubleshooting :)

Also, you should try resetting your CMOS on your motherboard first.

KAYVANH    0

All I know is 

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard

Asus GeForce GTX 570 ENGTX570/2DI/1280MD5 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

16gb ram

cooler master HAF 92 case

i am not sure if you could view the clip or nor. I couldn't find out to attached it to message.

thanks

world    84

I can't see the clip, unfortunately. 

However, based on what you said, it is very likely that the motherboard has some issue, and the first step to checking that is to reset the CMOS to see if any BIOS settings are messed up, even if you didn't change anything recently.

world    84

you'll have to look up how to reset it, since it varies depending on your motherboard. If there's a small pin or button near the I/O shield, usually you can push it in for around 30 seconds to reset. Usually, it's done through a jumper though.

Kevin Voong    0

Have you tried to remove the power switch connecter from the case to the motherboard and try to start the system by shorting the 2 pins exposed when the power switch connector is removed? If the system boots and stays on then the power switch is bad.

KAYVANH    0

Thanks for your responds

world/Cool Beans: Motherboard manual shows CMOS on it's back panel, it has no button just a very small hole. 

kvoong825/CM Store Manger : I can't see how to open the power switch, is there any way to find user manual of this kind of case?

k