nikonos83

CM Storm devastator - iMac Backlight

nikonos83    0

Hi Guys,

i've just purchased a CM Storm devastator for gaming on my iMac, but i can't turn on the backlight so the keyboard is really difficult to use with no external light.

Can u help me? perhaps with a simple terminal code? i've also Xcode 6 if there's a little software.

Thank you

Nick

CM Felinni    1

Hi Guys,

i've just purchased a CM Storm devastator for gaming on my iMac, but i can't turn on the backlight so the keyboard is really difficult to use with no external light.

Can u help me? perhaps with a simple terminal code? i've also Xcode 6 if there's a little software.

Thank you

Nick

I apologize the inconvenience you're having with your Devastator keyboard on Mac OSX.  It looks as if we do not have a solution for using a Scroll Lock in OSX at this time due to the exclusive functionality of this key in a Microsoft Windows environment.  

However there is an un-official solution available online at the following link:

Please let me know for further questions.

world    84

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to just rebind the light key. I don't have a devastator, but I think the scroll lock light that you usually see on keyboards has been repurposed in the devastator to be a backlight. If you're good with a soldering iron, it's probably possible to figure out some connection to light it up. I would imagine it's more than most people would like to do though! (not to mention warranty-voiding)

CM Felinni    1

Is there anyway to rebind the light key to another button?  Or do I have to open up the keyboard and solder it myself?

The challenge with this is regardless if you solder the point as the firmware for the keyboard is designed to use the Scroll Lock key to enable the LED.  In an OSX Environment it will be a no go.

Pclinde    197

The firmware and PCB are 1:1, so there is no way. :( I am sorry.