HavokZA

CM 130 Elite case / GPU

HavokZA    0

I've got a Cooler Master  130 Elite ITX case which I love.

I am currently running a PowerColor R9 280X TurboDue GPU in there without issues. Lots of space.

i now want to get a Gainward GTX970 GPU. It's a 2.5 slot design so i am wondering if you think it will fit.

Gainward GPU in question

Gainward_GTX_970_Phantom-8.jpg

http://www.eteknix.com/gainward-phantom-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-graphics-card-review/

Any help will be appreciated. i just can't find the actual width of the card. They give the length but not width other than "2.5 slot design"

CM Felinni    1

I am currently running a PowerColor R9 280X TurboDue GPU in there without issues. Lots of space.

i now want to get a Gainward GTX970 GPU. It's a 2.5 slot design so i am wondering if you think it will fit.

Gainward GPU in question

Gainward_GTX_970_Phantom-8.jpg

http://www.eteknix.com/gainward-phantom-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-graphics-card-review/

Any help will be appreciated. i just can't find the actual width of the card. They give the length but not width other than "2.5 slot design"

Yes should fit  :)

Kevin Voong    0

The Elite 130 supports a GPU size of up to 343mm / 13.5in. According the the specs of this card, it is 247mm x 112mm. It should fit as CM Felinni mentioned.

HavokZA    0

Thanks for the replies but I think I may have been uncleaar.

I'm not concerned length or height wise, I knoiw it will fit in that regard. What I'm concerned with is the Width...being 2.5 slot design. 

I'm concerned that the case can't close with the card in. i.e will it stick out futher than the case edge where the GPU fans are or in the Gainward's case the heatsink fins?

Swagdaddi    0

hey buddy. I'm hoping by some odd luck that you might still use this forum or at least reply to this message. I have the same case & GPU but a review here said:

+Warning+ This case will hold a larger graphics card, just like it said in the description, as long as the graphics card DOES NOT have a back plate. My 980 ti almost fits perfectly. The 5.25" bay gets in the way of any card with a back plate. This was an easy fix though (just drill out the rivets) but I was left without an optical drive which made installing my OS a little more difficult than it should have been. Because my graphics card had a back plate I also had to cut off a little bit of the USB 3.0 connector because the card sat covering just enough of the connector to cause a problem (this mostly had to do with the motherboard layout but I though it would be good to bring this up as well). But before you before you decide to go with another case remember that because the case is small all of the cables will reach extra far so you can do as I did and temporarily set your optical drive outside or on top of the case. In conclusion, this case is great and I would have given it five eggs but I had to alter the case to fit my graphics card. Use a card without a back plate or you absolutely will have to modify your case.

Now I'm worried the case & GPU won't be compatible (the Powercolor does have a backplate) or that I'll have to do some weird stuff to make them fit. What was your experience with the two parts compatibility-wise?

Please if you see this, please answer. I'd really appreicate it. Thanks mate!

HavokZA    0

hey buddy. I'm hoping by some odd luck that you might still use this forum or at least reply to this message. I have the same case & GPU but a review here said:

Now I'm worried the case & GPU won't be compatible (the Powercolor does have a backplate) or that I'll have to do some weird stuff to make them fit. What was your experience with the two parts compatibility-wise?

Please if you see this, please answer. I'd really appreicate it. Thanks mate!

Hey there.

The card fits length wise no issues. Still run it.

The side panel touches though although you can - barely - close the case. The side heatsink of the fan does touch though.

What I have done now is to cut out the side panel of the top cover exactly where the heatsink of the Phantom is so the Gainward "refrigeration" fins stick out flush with the case. My next step is to put a nice clear or slightly colered perspex over it for a nice case mod.

So yeah, the Gainward Phantom fits in the Coolermaster 130 with my Asrock mobo and Seasonic UPS.

Edit: I took a quick pic so you can see the slight bit where it's "outside the edge." So the width is moe of an issue, but not a real issue.

temporary_zpsx6krffgl.jpg

IMG_20140410_182646_zpspo7shvwu.jpg

Swagdaddi    0

Thank you so much for answering :) I actually meant for the Powercolor R9 280x gpu though? I'm worried because of the backplate and all and people say it hits the 5.25" bay slot. Did the Powercolor GPU fit fine or did it hit something and you have to do anything special to get it to fit? (If you did that's fine, just please tell me so I can too. Thanks again a ton!)