Squall

noisy CoolerMaster Nepton 280L

Squall    1

Hi,

Recently built a new computer using CoolerMaster Nepton 280L to cool an Intel 5930K on a Asus Rampage Extreme V motherboard.

Temps are good however the noise does not seem to be normal. It's not actually the fans that are noisy, its the actual unit that fits over the CPU. If i take out the fan connector for the waterblock unit and leave the radiator fans connected, there is no noise.

I have never used a liquid cooler before in my builds and this just might be me not accustomed to it but can anybody hear the noise and let me know if its normal:  (i recorded it using my phone right next to the cpu)  The screws are wound tight and i cant reproduce the sound if i shake the unit physically.

Edit: please close. Solved it by connecting the unit to a 3 pin.

• Upvote 1

Sunday Morning    177

Hi

try reinstall you Nepton and install and pluged with correctly :) and try see how much the diffrence

if you have problem with the installation u can refer this link :

and this : http://community.coo...on-owners-club/

The pump should be connected on the cpu fan header. the fans go on the 4pin header (pwm) in order to controll the fan speed.

*Note. Dont over tighten the Screw or bolt too Much

Just try help you out :D

Sunday Morning    177

Hi,

Recently built a new computer using CoolerMaster Nepton 280L to cool an Intel 5930K on a Asus Rampage Extreme V motherboard.

Temps are good however the noise does not seem to be normal. It's not actually the fans that are noisy, its the actual unit that fits over the CPU. If i take out the fan connector for the waterblock unit and leave the radiator fans connected, there is no noise.

I have never used a liquid cooler before in my builds and this just might be me not accustomed to it but can anybody hear the noise and let me know if its normal:  (i recorded it using my phone right next to the cpu)  The screws are wound tight and i cant reproduce the sound if i shake the unit physically.

Edit: please close. Solved it by connecting the unit to a 3 pin.

cool you have own solution to solve you problem :D

Case solved and closed