Frank Neubecker

Devastator Mouse wheel

world    84

I get the impression that this is a mousedriver problem.

Windows 8.1 thinks that the Devastator mouse is a tiltwheelmouse, allowing for horizontal scrolling by tilting the mousewheel. It loads a special driver for this purpose (pixart tiltwheelmouse.exe).

But the Devastator does not have tiltwheel functionality....

So I guess that windows simply loads the wrong mousedriver.

I feel that windows thinking the Devastator is a tiltwheelmouse wouldn't cause it to scroll up

I get the impression that this is a mousedriver problem.

Windows 8.1 thinks that...

I have not Windows, I have Linux so the driver i suppose is right. My mouse actually has not the scroll problem but it had and the previous mouse had the scroll glitch.

Steve    0

Hello Frankie,

It sounds like the mouse is defective. Please submit an RMA through the link below.

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Patrick,

I have the same problem...

Just bought the mouse with keyboard and using Windows 8.1!

I need to scan my receipt and register them, but is your advice still to submit a RMA?

Thanks... 

Brit,

They accepted my RMA request and I am waiting to get the mouse back in the mail. You only need to send in the mouse, not the Keyboard. I would suggest starting the process, and you don't need to attach the receipt as it is still under warranty. 

Hope this helps!

Frank

Steve    0

Frank,

Thanks for the update...

But I have to say.... I've done a bit more research into this! - It looks like this is a common problem with this mouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwaorlRFTMo

after watching that.. I've noticed that my wheel also squeaks a bit as well!

Let us know, when you get the RMA back - if you have any issues with the new mouse!

Thanks...

Brit.

Count me in as another user that is experiencing the squeaky scroll wheel/scrolling up issue. Just bought the set a couple of days ago and like the combo so far, apart from these issues. Will be monitoring this thread for reccomendations.

I got the new mouse back and have been using it for about 2 weeks with no issues. Just RMA the mouse and hope you get a working replacement. Maybe the batch made with the keyboards are bad?

Thanks

Frank

Steve    0

Update: I have sent a RMA back to the retailer that I got the mouse + Keyboard, I received an email from them last friday (1 Day after they received RMA) which states:

"Current status of your RMA: Awaiting Replacement / Credit

We can confirm your returned goods have now been tested by our technicians.

Please check your emails for further updates and thank you for your patience while we deal with your RMA" 

As they are a big UK online computer retailer, I would guess that their tech department would know whether it was just down to a 'driver issue'? which makes me think that the mouse is/was  'faulty'? I haven't heard anything from them today? (a full working day) - they may just be out of stock... or maybe like Frankie said, a 'bad batch' has been picked up and they are waiting for more? 

I will post an update when I hear more

Brit.

Mike    1

I have the same problem and have tried altering the mouse wheel to scroll differing numbers of lines at a time without any success, although setting it to a higher number (e.g. 5) seems to reduce the problem, presumably because you scroll more slowly.  I have just changed the Horizontal Scrolling (even though the mouse doesn't, Windows thinks it does) from 3 to 1 and that seems to have improved things a bit, but time will tell.