dabade

what to do with Liquid cooling and only one CPU fan header?

dabade    0

I have a Seidon 240M on a Gigabyte EX58UD4P with a mild OC'd I7-920 (3.6Ghz).

Short version:  How to I connect the fans to maintain Pump cooling and monitoring as well as dual radiator fans following CPU temp?

Long version:
I have the Watercooler pump connected to the 4 pin CPU fan header, set to Locked full speed in the BIOS.

This Mobo has no secondary CPU fan header so the dual watercooler fans are connected to the 4-pin sys fan 2 header with the supplied splitter cable, and this default runs @ about 20% (and does not change under CPU load).  Idle temp ~40C and load peaks at 82C (prime95).  22C ambient.  

I can however set the speed of the dual fans (sys fan 2) manually using Open hardware monitor or speedfan. At 100% fan speed the temp drops by 15C under load but is quite loud.

Sys fan 1 and 3 headers are connected to the front and back case fans.  They are 3 pin headers. Open hardware monitor does see these and reports fan speed, but adjusting speed does nothing.  They don't appear to be running full speed.

I'm thinking I would be better served connecting the watercooler pump to an alternate header, and let the Dual fans run off the CPU fan header to follow CPU temp.  

Is that right? - and how to I do this on this mobo, and maintain pump speed monitor or failure warning?
Was looking at a Molex--> 3-pin fan adapter but this means I lose failure warning - right? is that bad?

The manual only instructs to connect both the Cooler pump and Fans to 4 pin headers.

Thanks in Advance.

Dabade

Mohd Noh    179

Short version:  How to I connect the fans to maintain Pump cooling and monitoring as well as dual radiator fans following CPU temp?

Long version:

I have the Watercooler pump connected to the 4 pin CPU fan header, set to Locked full speed in the BIOS.

This Mobo has no secondary CPU fan header so the dual watercooler fans are connected to the 4-pin sys fan 2 header with the supplied splitter cable, and this default runs @ about 20% (and does not change under CPU load).  Idle temp ~40C and load peaks at 82C (prime95).  22C ambient.  

I can however set the speed of the dual fans (sys fan 2) manually using Open hardware monitor or speedfan. At 100% fan speed the temp drops by 15C under load but is quite loud.

Sys fan 1 and 3 headers are connected to the front and back case fans.  They are 3 pin headers. Open hardware monitor does see these and reports fan speed, but adjusting speed does nothing.  They don't appear to be running full speed.

I'm thinking I would be better served connecting the watercooler pump to an alternate header, and let the Dual fans run off the CPU fan header to follow CPU temp.  

Is that right? - and how to I do this on this mobo, and maintain pump speed monitor or failure warning?

Was looking at a Molex--> 3-pin fan adapter but this means I lose failure warning - right? is that bad?

The manual only instructs to connect both the Cooler pump and Fans to 4 pin headers.

Thanks in Advance.

Dabade

Hi There,

i just wanna help you out ...

my suggestion try check your connection (installation)pluged and your bios system

check this link : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11198-seidon-240m-settings/

or you get the fans controller to control your fans :)

dabade    0

I'm Asking how to best connect to the fan headers so that I can maintain pump failure warning as well as fans following CPU temp.

Mohd Noh    179

Hi

According what you have here is the best way for your mobo

1. 1 x CPU fan header
  2. 3 x system fan headers

The pump is hooked up CPU fan header. The Radiator Fans are attached to a PWM splitter and attached to pin Sys Fan Header.

please make sure the pump is running between 1300 to 1400 RPM. If it falls below 1300, it can cause damage to the pump and cause rattling.

and try look this : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11198-seidon-240m-settings/

Note* Don't tighten the screw or bolt too much

Hope this help you if not we need input from Admin

dabade    0

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, your suggestion is what I've got (pump reports 1400RPM).   Problem is that that way it runs the Radiator fans based on Case and not CPU temp.  I was just wondering if there was a better way.  

If there was a way to lock the sys fan at 100% that would have been a solution too (ie, run the cooler pump off the sys fan), but that's not possible with my BIOS I think.

I also thought of a Molex->3 pin adapter to run the Pump off, and then use the CPU fan header to run the radiator fans, but then there's no monitoring of the pump - which is pretty important i'd have thought.

Looks like I might be stuck with manual Radiator fan control (or go for your fan controller, which looks awesome).  

Mohd Noh    179

b4 this i control my fans with fans controller ( have good cooling ) after that changing it back as i mention as above

i have seidon 120v and 1 fan and you have seidon 240 with 2 fans .. but since i change the fans to CM Jetflo (Dual fans) .. my seidon 120v got alot improvement :D

for me installation is very important and our bios setting :D

CM Patrick    34

Hello dabade,

I would suggest connecting the radiator fans to the 4 pin CPU Fan header. The pump is a 3 pin connector so connect this to the System Fan 1 or 3 header.

As for the pump warning, this will need to be setup in bios. You will need to set a minimum pump RPM warning so that you are notified if it drops below a specific RPM. This feature may not be available on all motherboards though.

If not then keep HW Monitor minimized in your system tray when ever the computer is on. This will keep track of you minimum/maximum pump RPM.

post-89545-0-74361900-1412728656_thumb.jpg

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Respectfully,
Patrick
CMUSA Support

Mohd Noh    179

Long version:

Thanks in Advance.

Dabade

Hi Dabade,

Maybe we have other solution for you

try check this link : http://www.swiftech.com/8-WayPWMsplitter.aspx