Warr08

CM Storm Devastator Combo Key Issue

Warr08    0

Since I have gotten this keyboard and mouse combo, the keyboard has been having intermittent issues. Some of the keys on the right side (m, n, j, k, l, etc.) will go in and out while using it. Usually doesn't work immediately when PC turns on, but starts working about 30 minutes in. I am hoping that this may be a software issue so that I don't have to go through the RMA process. Any ideas?

Other things to note.. It is plugged into a USB 2.0 port, Windows 8, 64-bit. Just bought it 3 weeks ago. I have tried looking for other threads to see if anyone else is having the same issue, but none yet. So, I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. 

Thanks in advance.  

world    84

hmmm, it might some weird compatibility issue with the motherboard or something like that, but it's difficult to know for sure.

What happens if you unplug and replug the keyboard instead of waiting half an hour?

CM Robert    2

Hi Warr08,

It seems you have a defective keyboard. My apologies for all of the trouble this has caused. We can RMA this keyboard if it was purchased in less than 2 years under the warranty.

I have provided the link below to our FanZone and an RMA instructional link. I would recommend having your serial number and a photo of your purchase receipt. Register your product and then you can apply for an RMA under MY PRODUCTS. We will approve your request. Once you receive your RMA number, write it clearly on the shipping box to help expedite the process. Shipping the defective keyboard will fall on you, but we can cover the replacement and shipping that one to you.

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

Instructional Link:

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If you have any further comments or questions, please let me know by messaging me back, making a ticket in Fanzone, Livechat or call at 888.624.5099.

Respectfully,

Robert N.

CMUSA Support

P.S.

If you would like to commit to an Advance RMA where we authorize a cross shipment, please complete the following steps. Make sure you have your RMA number ready, call us at 888-624-5099.