Dave Kocuba

Seidon 240M installation question

Dave Kocuba    0

OK I got roped into "finishing a build" for someones PC. 

He had already started installing some of the hardware before I got involved.

He has a AZZA Hurrican 2000 case with dual top exhaust fans.  He already has the 240M mounted to the bottom side of the top of the case(with the fans pointing down). My question is with the fans in this orientation exhaust or intake? The picture in the manual shows the fans pointing down.  But an image on the website for this product shows the radiator point down.  Which is the proper installation with top exhaust fans?

Thanks

Dave

world    84

When I install a radiator at the top of the case, I usually have the fans as exhaust, since warm air rises. As long as the airflow is decent/good, having the air exhaust through the radiator shouldn't drastically impact the CPU temperatures.

Dave Kocuba    0

world,

Nut my question is more the direction of the fans.  I don't want the 240M fans going in the opposite direction of the case exhaust fans. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks

Dave

Mohd Noh    179

i think would be nice if you attach the picture together ... maybe we can find the best solution for you :D

fyi iam not expert in cooling system :)

world    84

Which case fans are you talking about? The rear one?

I think the fans on the Seidon should be exhaust, and I don't think the other exhaust fans necessarily impact this.

Dave Kocuba    0

world,

I am talking about the fans on the top of the case. They are 2 230mm fans that are set for exhaust. 

NOw he installed the 240M with the radiator facing up(closest to the case fans) and the 240M fans facing down towards the motherboard/CPU.

Do the fans push air into the radiator or pull it thru?

world    84

So, if I understand correctly, there are 2 230mm fans at the top of the case set as exhaust. Under that there is a radiator, and then under the radiator are the 2 120mm radiator fans. Basically, the radiator is more or less sandwiched between the fans. Right?

In this case, you want to set all of them as exhaust.