kuzco83

HAF X Front Audio Issue

kuzco83    0

Hi everyone!

I just upgrade my old PC and bought new components.  I have installed everything and have noticed that I get static noise from the front headphone port of the case.  I have also noticed that I cannot insert the whole headphone jack in as the audio quality drops.

Has anyone had this issue before?  I can't really return it for exchange as they are sold out at Best Buy.  Any thoughts on a solution will be truly appreciated!

Cheers,

world    84

Could you describe the static a bit? Does the sound change at all when you're running programs on the computer, or is it more of the traditional white-noise static?

In general, I don't use front headphone ports, since the quality isn't very good in every case due to too much interference from the rest of the computer.

It's really weird that you can't insert the whole headphone jack though. That part definitely sounds like a defect, so hopefully you can get it replaced! 

kuzco83    0

The static noise is subtle and changes if I move the mouse for example.

I have been thinking of using the rear audio port but my headset cable isn't long enough 😞 I'll have to look for a extension cord.

I can insert the jack completely in but the audio quality suffers.

world    84

ah, ok. Yea, the static noise you're hearing happens in most front headphone jacks. the audio components in most computers aren't insulated enough to be able to prevent that kind of interference.

and oops, I meant to write that you can't insert the whole headphone jack without the audio messing up (typo :P). But, I still think it'll be worth replacing if possible. No guarantees, but maybe you can try contacting support to see if they can just send you a front audio jack unit to swap in.

This is an old thread but I just bought this case this month & seem to have a similar issue, the headphone jack doesn't work, just faint static & the phones seem to get hot, Win 10 does not detect the phones being plugged in using the HD connector into my Strix Z270H Asus MB but also tried the AC'97 with the same results, tried Un/reinstalling Realtek drivers.
Might the jack be bad or is there something I can do?