antpow

Connecting jetflo 120 to transformer

antpow    0

Hi, I want to use a jetflo 120 to cool a de - humidifier. It has 4 wires (all black) and I'm trying to connect it to a 12v - 1A transformer. I've tried different combinations of wiring but only get the LEDs to light up but the fan won't spin. Any ideas?

Fred Rowe    0

I bought four of these and found out that I had fried the first one trying to find out the wiring (don't worry, I took responsibility for this and threw it away without returning it).  Then no combination worked.  After researching it, I found out that the stripped wire is the positive and the black wire next to it is the negative.  Using one of the other wires must have been what damaged the fan...  Now I have two of these bungie corded to ports on my boat and one is used as a 24/7/365 bilge blower.  They are continuous rated, waterproof, low power (compared to the usual 12v boat fans), less noisy and because they are sealed - spark proof (even though they are not certified for this - I just use it on my non-explosive diesel engine to cool and get the funky bilge/holding tank odors out of my bilge).

You need to identify the +12V and ground leads and attached accordingly to the transformer.  The other two wires are speed sensing and PWM control and don't need to be used.  Look up "PWM fan pinout" on Google to help you pick out which wires you need.