Jason Honingford

Inferno cursor travels - bad mouse?

Just pushing down on the mouse on a hard or soft surface makes the cursor travel down eventually reaching the bottom of the screen, yet the mouse hasn't really moved. This makes it difficult to double click when the cursor is constantly moving by a few pixels. I guess I never noticed this, but I've seen a few others complain about this to no resolve. Is there a fix? Broken sensor? Or badly designed mouse?

I was thinking of buying the Corsair Vengeance M95 as a replacement. I've had reliability issues with all my Logitech products, so I need something other than Logitech.

CM Robert    2

Hello Jason,

I see you've attempted some troubleshooting with changing the surface area with your Inferno mouse. I have a few more things to check out before we rule that the sensor may be defective on the inferno.

1. Check to upgrade the drivers from the product page to see if that may help rectify the issue.

http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/inferno/

2. See if the mouse has the same issues when it is used on another computer. If it works, make sure all previous/unused mouse/keyboard software is uninstalled and run a registry cleaner application to clear up left over files in the registry.

3. If the mouse is still acting up, most likely it is a hardware issue and a bad sensor. We can help with that.

I have provided the link below to our FanZone and an RMA instructional link. I would recommend having your serial number and a photo of your purchase receipt. Register your product and then you can apply for an RMA under MY PRODUCTS. We will approve your request. Once you receive your RMA number, write it clearly on the shipping box to help expedite the process.

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

Instructional Link:

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If you have any further comments or questions, please let me know.

Repsectfully,

Robert N.

CMUSA Support

P.S.

If you would like to commit to an Advance RMA where we authorize a cross shipment, please complete the following steps. Make sure you have your RMA number ready, call us at 888-624-5099.

ThatMouse    1

OP here: Thanks for the RMA info. I actually just found the cause. The feet are warping and bubbling up from the centers causing the cursor movement upon downward pressure. So it's like the mouse is on a cushion of air - not great for the sensor. I removed the feet and the travel is back to a minimum. Hopefully this may help those with that issue. It needs some new feet to stabilize it. I may pull it apart and add some back weights while I'm at it.

• Upvote 1

CM Robert    2

That's awesome, John. I never would of thought of that or was aware the feet can be an issue. Good to know for future troubleshooting. Please let me know if there's anything else I can look into for you in the future.