MattE

CM Storm Inferno Drivers.

MattE    0

Hi I have a problem. I downloaded the latest version of Inferno Application Software V1.2.0 from the CM site. But it wont install the drivers. I click on CDRun_EN and it gives me 3 options. 

1. Driver Installation

2. Driverless Execution

3. Cancel

I click on Driver Installation and it just disappears.

I have run it as administrator as well and its still the same. 

My device manager just shows my mouse as a HID Compliant Mouse.

The problem I have is that sometimes on boot my mouse doesn't work and I have to manually unplug then re-plug it in for it to respond.

Please can you Help

world    84

have you tried the mouse on another computer? (does the same problem occur still?)

MattE    0

Hi, Yes I have tried it on another PC. I also put a support ticket in and have been told its a problem with the mouse which to be fair is nonsense. The drivers won't install. I downloaded software to another pc, and  tried installing drivers without the mouse even being plugged in. It was exactly the same. Click on install drivers and the window just closes. I then plugged in the mouse, clicked on install drivers and box just closed.  I even did the same on my laptop which has a fresh installation of windows 7. Exactly the same issue. So in my opinion its a software issue. I have even tried it as administrator, makes no difference.

I have run ccleaner and even been in the registery and manually removed anything to do with coolermaster, inferno, and storm and still I get nothing..

Pclinde    197

Hi Matte,

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been active on the forums for a long time. But since last week I am back.

Let me check the application software tomorrow, so I can help you out.

Edit: it's on my to-do list. ;)

B/rgds, Pim

Pclinde    197

Hi,

I had no problems at all with the latest software (1.2.0).

Let's start some troubleshooting:

- Does the Inferno work without Software? (it probably does).

- In the folder you will find an executable file to launch the software without installing the software. Have you tried this?

Good luck! Pim

MattE    0

Hi,

Yes the mouse works without the software, and I can use the software without installing it, I just can't install the drivers.

Also as stated there are 3 options.

1. Install Drivers.

2. Driverless Execution

3. Cancel.

If I try to install drivers it just closes the program, nothing installs. So I have to go with driverless execution.

Now the problem I'm having is that on 90% of PC boots the mouse doesn't respond. It lights up but you cannot move the cursor. I have to physically unplug the mouse and then plug it back in again. Once I have done that its fine, (unless I reboot then on most occasions I have to repeat the process). After a long search on the internet I have seen that a few have had a similar problem and it has been fixed by installing the latest drivers (1.2.0). Which I cannot do, I believe the actual driver files are not in the 1.2.0 package as I have tried installing the drivers on another 2 machines (one is a laptop) and it does exactly the same thing.