BeauCharles

V650 Question - Two PCI-E 6+2 on One Cable

BeauCharles    0

Hello.  I just installed a V650 in my system today.  My GPU is a Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB and requires two 8 pin connectors.  My old power supply was a SeaSonic X560 which is completely modular and had two seperate 6+2 cables to be plugged in for such a video card.   I read the specs for the V650 before I bought it and it said it had two 6+2 connectors.  I didn't realize both of them would be sharing one hardwired cable.  I plugged them both into the GTX 770 and gamed a bit tonight.  Everything is running fine, but I just want to be sure that the power supply is capable of supporting the video card and that what I'm doing is correct and safe for my hardware.  Thanks.  Oh, in case its relavent my CPU is an FX-6300 overclocked to 4.5 Ghz.  The video card is at stock speeds.

CM Jerry    43

Hello, 

According the hardware list you mentioned, I think your CM V650 is enough to provide power.

The power consumption of GTX 770 should be under 250W, and you still have over 300W to overclock CPU!

Congrats and don't worry, you got a nice power~ :D

post-89696-0-90043300-1406539090_thumb.png

BeauCharles    0

Thanks Jerry - I felt kind of silly after I posted the thread - never had a power supply with PCI-E cables like that.  I searched around over the weekend and discovered its not that unusual and that the power supply is more than fine for my setup.  Really love it so far - very, very quiet!  The SeaSonic began whistling and "ringing" after two years and it was getting pretty irritating.  I'm going to RMA it, but even when it comes back the V650 is going to stay in my PC.