cmih

Is there a way to open a Cooler Master NotePal ErgoStand?

cmih    0

I have a Cooler Master NotePal ErgoStand (model R9-NBS-4UAK).  A lot of dust has collected in the grill and on the fan.  I don't see any way to open the thing to clean it out.  Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open it?  I've written to Cooler Master support, but so far I have not yet received a reply.  Thanks.

cmih    0

I figured it out.  You have to peel off all four rubber pads attached to the grill to access the screws that attach the grill to the main body.  Unfortunately, that leaves me with the problem of how to reattach the four rubber pads.  icon_rolleyes.gif  I have some spray adhesive that might work.  Putting the screws under the rubber pads is not the most user-friendly design.

world    84

I figured it out.  You have to peel off all four rubber pads attached to the grill to access the screws that attach the grill to the main body.  Unfortunately, that leaves me with the problem of how to reattach the four rubber pads.  icon_rolleyes.gif  I have some spray adhesive that might work.  Putting the screws under the rubber pads is not the most user-friendly design.

Yea, putting screws under rubber pads is difficult if you want to open something up and put it back together, but most things aren't designed to be taken apart :P