Saville

How to add a second fan to the EVO 212

Saville    0

Hi all,

I have installed an EVO 212 CPU cooler.  It came with only one fan and I would like to add the second fan.

I have a few questions:

1) What model number fan should I get?

2) Do I have to order the mounting clips separately?  If so what are the order numbers?

3) When mounting the fan, is it mounted to push air into the cooler or suck air out of the cooler? I believe the one fan I have pulls air through the cooler (i.e. pulls the air through the cooler nd then away from it). If so, should the second cooler push air INTO the cooler?

But regardless of which way the first fan moves the air, I assume the seocnd fan should do the opposite, correct?

Thanks

sangyzan    15

hello if you're not interested in aesthetics can tie it with cable ties. the fans want possibly equal and with the same number of rotation so as to have an air flow clear and regular, a fan that throws into and another that throws out

world    84

I agree with sangyzan that the fans should have airflow/pressure as similar as possible. When you install 2 fans on a heatsink, it should be in a push-pull configuration, where one fan pushes air into the heatsink and the other pulls the air out the other side. This allows the air to go through the heatsink efficiently :)

If you wanted to match an exact model for the fan, I think the fan itself is an XtraFlo 120, but that depends on the region you're in.

You can buy the accessory pack for the Hyper 212:

US:

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/hyper-212-plus-evo-accessories-kit/

EU:

http://www.cmstore.eu/cooling/accessories/hyper-212-evo-accessories-pack/

I know it's not optimal to order the whole kit, but I don't think the fan clips are readily available by themselves. 

Hi all,

I have installed an EVO 212 CPU cooler.  It came with only one fan and I would like to add the second fan.

I have a few questions:

1) What model number fan should I get?

2) Do I have to order the mounting clips separately?  If so what are the order numbers?

3) When mounting the fan, is it mounted to push air into the cooler or suck air out of the cooler? I believe the one fan I have pulls air through the cooler (i.e. pulls the air through the cooler nd then away from it). If so, should the second cooler push air INTO the cooler?

But regardless of which way the first fan moves the air, I assume the seocnd fan should do the opposite, correct?

Thanks

HELLO!!! i got Hyper evo 212 with push- pull config  what i do? OK i chenge te main fan witch come with cooler and i take 2 new fans!!http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/sickleflow/sickleflow-120-2000rpm-blue-led/ now i dont have problems with temps and anoying sound from stok fan.

PS:FOR BETHER PERFORMANS U MAST HAVE AN REAR FAN FOR EXHAUST!!!!  IF u maount cooler horizontal u will make this:right fan push left fan pull and rear fan pull

I hope this will help something good luck!!!!!!