ullert

Problem with Nepton 280L Pump

ullert    0

Hi! I recently built my own computer and have had no problems with it this far, just recently i lost the ability to controll the speed of the fans on the radiator and the waterpump.

I managed to find the problem with the fans, but my pump is still stuck at max speed. (as shown from the brightness of the light around the company brand) Is it bad that it runs at max speed all the time, and is there anything i can do to fix it if its necessary?

Any help appreciated :)

Pc specs: Asus Rampage IV black edition motherboard, Nepton 280L watercooler and Intelcore i7 4820k processor.

world    84

It's not bad that your pump runs at full speed. In fact, I would recommend that pumps be running at a full speed or at least somewhat close to full speed. 

It's strange that you can't control the pump speed though. How did you fix the problem with your fans?

ullert    0

Well i had my fans connected  to two cpu_opt connectors on the motherboard, and those cant be controlled unless you have a thermometer connected to the motherboard. I only had one Cpu_cha connector that was close enough to the radiator fans, so i put a "rpm limiter cable" on the second one, wich keeps it at 1200 rpm which works great. The really strange thing is that i was able to controll all of them for the first 2-3 weeks, and i  dont know how when i probably shouldnt have been able to? :l