jaimelmiel

Nepton 280L and Storm Stryker Full Tower case

world    84

Yep! The Storm Trooper needs the entire top-mounted watercooling setup to be inside the case as well, due to the handle. With almost every case out there, if you need to mount that much stuff inside the case at the top, you'll likely have clearance issues with motherboards that have decently-sized heatsinks above the CPU socket.

jaimelmiel    0

I am not going touse a push pull setup. Goes anyone Know for sure if the Asus M5A99FX 2.0 will work with the Nepton 290L amd the storm trooper. For me if none is sure Iam not doing to do it. Then what mobo that is compatable with an Fx 9690 will?

world    84

I am not going touse a push pull setup. Goes anyone Know for sure if the Asus M5A99FX 2.0 will work with the Nepton 290L amd the storm trooper. For me if none is sure Iam not doing to do it. Then what mobo that is compatable with an Fx 9690 will?

If you're not doing a push-pull setup, it should fit.

Here's a review from Overclock3D that uses a Nepton 280L inside a CM Storm Trooper:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cooler_master_nepton_280l_review/4

I don't know exactly the situation with your motherboard choice, but based on pictures of the board and from the Overclock3D, it looks like it should fit.

• Upvote 1

knud    129

Setup with only radiator + 1 fan thickness (either push or pull) will fit nicely, as it does not cover the M/B. (With 2 fans it does and therefore, it doesn't fit with 2 fans.)

Check this picture from Overclock3D as well.

jaimelmiel    0

At first I said, no way. But it seems to come just short of the Motherboard. Just like you said. Then I am ok. Thanks all.