Sign in to follow this  
world

Intel Pentium G3258 20th Anniversary Edition

world    84

Have you guys heard of the Intel 20th anniversary edition CPU? It's a budget CPU (under 80USD) that's unlocked for overclocking like a K CPU. Other than that, it's pretty unremarkable (2 core, 2 thread CPU that's missing a lot of advanced features)

I'd like to get my hands on one to try some heavy OC on it thumbsup.gif

knud    128

Heard about it, but I'm not a heavy overclocker. I can skip this one.

But i wonder what performance you get once its 150% overclocked. Would be nice if it has a nice price/performance ratio.

rfarmer    4

Yeah I was reading about this cpu, should be fun to play around with. I know Asus, and potentially others, are allowing overclocking on their H97 chipset motherboards. The thought being that people won't want to pay the money for a Z97 to overclock a Pentium cpu.

world    84

Yeah I was reading about this cpu, should be fun to play around with. I know Asus, and potentially others, are allowing overclocking on their H97 chipset motherboards. The thought being that people won't want to pay the money for a Z97 to overclock a Pentium cpu.

I know MSI is offering OC capabilities on their H97 boards as well.

It looks like some people have gotten it up to 4.75 Ghz already :o

CM Jerry    43

I'm waiting for this CPU and I'd like to build up my HTPC in the living room...

But now I can't get it in TW, hope this summer I can complete my new machine well :D

rfarmer    4

I went ahead and bought one of these for a HTPC build, with an Asrock B85M-ITX I got this overclocked to 4.3 GHz at 1.19v. Great bang for the buck. Have it installed in an Elite 110 case with an Elite 350 watt powersupply, thanks Cooler Master.