Ghost4372

How do you install thermal paste?

clorenz    2

Use a very small amount, usually a small dot is enough for a processor. Some people prefer to smear or spread it across the CPU itself to cover it completely. However most thermal compounds  and their manufacturers suggest against this. I personally make a small bead line across the top of the processor going down the center from one edge to the next then spread it lightly making a thin light coat. 

Ghost4372    0

Should the "small dot" be the size of a pea? a dime?

Theres really no guide on how to do this that came with instructions. or this website.

clorenz    2

I would say a pea at the most.. You really do not want a lot of thermal paste or it can get down into the socket or pins and cause the PC to not work

Sunday Morning    177
On 6/4/2014 at 6:59 AM, Ghost4372 said:

Should the "small dot" be the size of a pea? a dime?

Theres really no guide on how to do this that came with instructions. or this website.

Hi There,

this is only for your reference  :D

http://postimg.org/image/hiyb6zgtp/

might this one you also need : http://tuniq.com.tw/accessories/TR-1.html

cota472    3

In my experience, anything more than a small pea sized spot right in the center is too much. it will spread on its own when you put the heatsink down and secure it. 

I bought the hyper 212 evo and I dont know how to install the thermal paste. How should I apply it?

oh dude just go in youtbe and u have alot of videos for hyper evo 212 its so easy!!!!!!!