DonCapuco

Silencio 452 and Hyper 212 EVO

DonCapuco    0

Can someone confirm whether the Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler will fit in the Silencio 452 case or not?

Based on the specs of both it seems to be a close call and it probably won't fit (159mm vs 158mm).

I'm looking into buying a new case and I prefer the Silencio 452 but if my Hyper 212 EVO does not fit I have to buy another case.

Thank you

I am afraid it will not fit in that case.  We recommend that you look at the Hyper TX3, Vortex Plus or if you are looking at water cooling, the Seidon 120M.

DonCapuco    0

I am afraid it will not fit in that case.  We recommend that you look at the Hyper TX3, Vortex Plus or if you are looking at water cooling, the Seidon 120M.

Thank you for your confirmation. I already have the Hyper 212 EVO. I'm going to look at the Silencio 625S which seem to have a lot more clearance for a CPU cooler.

ryun    0

I think it'll be fine but for sure it will be close. This reviewer was a le to fit a Havik 120 CPU cooler in the 452 and that's 160mm tall: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cooler_master_silencio_452_review/7

I think the 652 has some notable benefits over the 452. As long as you're fine with the increased size (and price) you can't go wrong with it.

knud    129

It wont fit inside the Silencio 452.

You can choose the Silencio 652S (ATX). 

If you want M-ATX you could consider the Silencio 352 as well, but the CPU cooler will touch the side panel and that is not advisable of course. (But it is an option)

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/coolermaster_silencio_352_review/6

DonCapuco    0

Thx everyone for your answers.

As it will be a close call, I started looking at the 652S and I like that one better. So no 452 for me anymore :-)

Now I only can't decide between the Silencio 652S and the Fractal Design R4 (not sure if I can mention it here, if not, mod feel free to edit).

DaveLT    16

Thx everyone for your answers.

As it will be a close call, I started looking at the 652S and I like that one better. So no 452 for me anymore :-)

Now I only can't decide between the Silencio 652S and the Fractal Design R4 (not sure if I can mention it here, if not, mod feel free to edit).

If you want quality CM is the way to go. My mate says the R4 is down on quality

Also with that thick door the R4 is very poor in airflow.

• Upvote 1