Sign in to follow this  
thejoker86

Overclocking an AMD 64bit

thejoker86    0

I've got an AMD 64 3400+ (that works at about 2400Mhz)

I've overclocked it at 2645Mhz by EasyTune4, a program provided

with my Gigabyte M/B...

The temperature is 29°C at starting, and 38°C after 10 hours of work...

8) Special thanks to my ULTRA VORTEX...

It works very fine...

However, I would like to overclock more my cpu as such as possible...

Have you ever tried to overclock a 64-bit CPU?

What are your methods? And your results? :?::?::?::?:

mak45    0

Upgrade ur easy tune 4 to 5, easier to use.

m4xt3r    0

I possess an Athlon 64 3200+ (socket 754) and have only succeeded to overclock no more of 80Mhz!! :(

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

right ways to get better overclocks

decent mobo, decent chipsets, avoid SiS via are good nForce ones offer adequate performacne (im nto a fan of them i regard only the nf2 and nf4 SLI as the only decent ones, i wont go into it)

good ram, OCZ is brilliant as you do not void its warranty by putting 2.9 volts through it, crucial is also good, corsair has gone significantly down hill, also i tried to return amodule and they're screwing me about also their warranty is rendered void at 2.7v

obviously some cpu's can take more overclocking than others.

most people over look this one, a decent power supply a stable current is important fluctuations will cause instability (enermax r good, so is CM's if you want a cool looking one) also a decent power supply keeps your electrictybills down

and you cpu cooler, cm has a vast range of coolers available, the hyper 6 and 48 are incredibly good value for money when combines wiht their performancec

Mr. Miyagi    2

Well right now I'm running 2.45Ghz. I can get it up to 2.7GHz but my memory is holding me back. I'm using the Hyper 6 and it's running 29-32*C idle and 42-45*C load. I'm running a AMD 64 3000+ right now.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

what ram u got miyagi, and have u tried upping the ram voltage?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

the 3200 stuff is pretty crap it doenst overclock well thats how they sell the 3700modules, same with the 4000 and the 4400, id suggest some better ram, crucial ballistix or OCZ pc3700-4000

Mr. Miyagi    2
the 3200 stuff is pretty crap it doenst overclock well thats how they sell the 3700modules, same with the 4000 and the 4400, id suggest some better ram, crucial ballistix or OCZ pc3700-4000

Yeah, I think I'm going to pick either another pair of Corsair or OCZ before Quakecon.