zaythe

Coolermaster HF Top Fan - Can I Do Without

zaythe    0

Hi,

I have been fixing a desktop for a friend, Its an 2nd Gen i7 with Corsair Watercooling system and a Nvidia 570GT. It is all in a HAF 912 case which has a huge top fan in the case.

When the machine turns on its like a plane taking off....I am just wondering whether the top fan is really needed due to the cooling already in the case.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Cheers

John

DaveLT    16

The stock fans are very quiet if that's what you want to know.

Hi Zaythe,

The stock fans are usually very quiet.  Is the noise coming from the case fans or the fans on the corsair cooler?

jaimelmiel    0

The noise may very well be from your cpu cooler. It will go to full speed till your bios loads your Pwm fan Defaults

then it quiets down.

jaimelmiel    0

Yes you do need that top fan for good airflow. I Have a Gamming Machine with a Haf 912 case. I replaced the 200mm Fan on fop with two coolermaster R4's.

I did it for more airflow. You should be ok with your setup.

n2bsprcool    0

So I posted a thread about this, and nobody has responded.

Anyway, I think some fans running "upside down" will make more noise than usual. I have a top mounted JetFlo and it's noisy as :), and annoying as :). It's kind of a "wobbly" noise or a "humming" noise.

I'm probably going to set all case fans to silent mode and CPU fans to normal mode and see if it fixes it.

Again though, I think most fans are made expecting to be run in a certain orientation.

But i'm surprised so many people here seem to miss the point as to why a fan might make noise. Some noise people are describing are not normal operating fan noise, rather noise from a fan that is out of balance.

amirite?