Sign in to follow this  
Aeropostle

Seidon 240m settings?

Aeropostle    0

I purchased a gaming computer 2 months ago and I cannot find any specific information on how to set up the seidon 240mm radiator and pump.

I have the following components in my system.

Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 ATX motherboard (rev 4)

AMD FX-9590 8 core processor @ 4.7 Mhz (5.0 Mhz Turbo.)

The pump is hooked up to my CPU fan header.  The Rad fans are attached to a PWM splitter and attached to my 4 pin Sys Fan Header.

My question is what should the pump be set at?  My motherboard stock sets the cpu fan header at 35% then ramps up to 100% at 60 degrees c.  IS this pump a variable speed?  Should I have it set higher like 50% or not?  I can adjust both the cpu fan header and the radiator fan header with my Gigabyte Easy Tune Utility.   

What should I have the pump set to?  

ScienceBoy    2

i'm using Seidon 240M too, i plugged 4 pin pump to CPU_Fan Connector then i don't setup anything until now :)
just leave it Default :)

but if you want to see full performance, maybe you should set maximum setting :)

CM Glenn    7

Hi Aeropostle,

Welcome to the forum.

We recommend using the normal pump speed.

Could you let us know if this solved your question? 

Aeropostle    0

The normal pump speed seems to be an issue with intermittent overheating issues.  Now, I am using a 220 watt TDP processor on stock clocks.   The FX-9590 is hot by nature.  I chose a 240mm radiator to deal with the excessive heat output.  I adjusted the minimum output to be 50%.  This seems to have solved my overheating problem.  I noticed my CPU was throttling after 3 to 4 minutes of running Prime95.  Instead of getting 4.7 Mhz it dropped to 4.3 on all 8 cores and was not returning to 4.7 Mhz.

AMD temperature sensors leave much to be desired.  I am not happy with the variance in readings that I get with the processor.  

I realize that this cooler comes with a 2 year warranty, and I don't want to wear my pump out.  I was curious to see if it is variable speed and if running it up to 50% is going to accelerate it going out.

I was able to play 2 hours strait on battlefield last night since I sped up the pump.  

Hi Aeropostle,

The speed should be between 1300 or 1400 RPM roughly.  If within the bios, make sure the pump is at max speed to achieve the best performance.

• Upvote 1

DaveLT    16

The normal pump speed seems to be an issue with intermittent overheating issues.  Now, I am using a 220 watt TDP processor on stock clocks.   The FX-9590 is hot by nature.  I chose a 240mm radiator to deal with the excessive heat output.  I adjusted the minimum output to be 50%.  This seems to have solved my overheating problem.  I noticed my CPU was throttling after 3 to 4 minutes of running Prime95.  Instead of getting 4.7 Mhz it dropped to 4.3 on all 8 cores and was not returning to 4.7 Mhz.

AMD temperature sensors leave much to be desired.  I am not happy with the variance in readings that I get with the processor.  

I realize that this cooler comes with a 2 year warranty, and I don't want to wear my pump out.  I was curious to see if it is variable speed and if running it up to 50% is going to accelerate it going out.

I was able to play 2 hours strait on battlefield last night since I sped up the pump.  

Pretty sure a pump won't go out faster if pushed to full speed. It's meant to do full speed from day 1. If it does go out though you can always feedback or RMA it.

• Upvote 1

Aeropostle    0

Thank you very much for the input.  I have altered the pump settings and have adjusted the fan settings with positive results.  I can hear my rad fans ramping up under load and temps have settled down to where I am no longer experiencing throttling when in Battlefield 4.  Yesterday I played 4 strait maps with FPS holding steady at 80 fps.  There was no studdering, throttling and minimal rubberbanding.

endfm    0

I'm confident rubberbanding is due to network issues isn't it? (The origin servers ...)

Yeah man,  happens to me sometimes, really annoying!