Sign in to follow this  
Veracis

690 III issue with psu and bottom optional fan

cota472    3

The PSU mounted on the bottom doesn't count towards your exhaust as it will pull in fresh air from outside via the bottom of your case, then the air blows directly out the back. This air is not put into the case and does not pull air from within the case and push it out. 

The GPU is going to exhaust a minimal amount of the air being brought in, I would worry most about having stagnant warm air sitting in the case. Your system is cooled better by air movement, not pressure. The cooler you can keep the ambient air in the case, the cooler you computer will run. If you are pulling in more air than you are exhausting, the air will become warm and then you will be blowing warm air across your Seidon and GPU cooler and not bringing down their temps as much. 

Without moving/changing any of the fans, I might add a PCI slot fan.

Veracis    0

One more quick question. I currently have the fan mounted on the radiator pulling through as an intake. Should I place it between the case and rad pushing through the radiator?

Also what does the pci slot fan do for me?

The psu fan is open into the case not the bottom.

cota472    3

Intake: 1x200mm front, 2x140mm top

Exhaust: 1x120mm rear push through seidon radiator with minor exhause of the gpu and psu.

One more quick question. I currently have the fan mounted on the radiator pulling through as an intake. Should I place it between the case and rad pushing through the radiator?

Also what does the pci slot fan do for me?

The psu fan is open into the case not the bottom.

OK, some newer higher-end PSUs are now starting to have a top fan instead of bottom or can be flipped. So your PSU will be exhausting warm air from within the case then. 

I am confused about your radiator setup, in the first description you said it was an exhaust pushing air through the radiator, now it is pulling through as an intake? It should be set up to get the hot air out of the system quickly. It doesn't matter if it pulls it or pushes across, you don't want to heat up the air you bring into the case.  

PCI slot fans mount in an open PCI case slot and provide extra air movement, usually configured to pull the warm air from within the case and exhaust it out the rear. 

Veracis    0

I was asking if a better setup would be exhausting through the rad with all others as intake giving an overwhelming positive pressure vs my current setup with a rear and front intake and top exhaust

Veracis    0
Here is my current setup.

1672n88.png

Here is my Proposed setup.

1y3fox.png

1) Is it worth putting the 120mm fan between the radiator and case?

2) Which setup would you recommend?

3) Would it be worth it to put a 120mm fan inside the case blowing front to rear across the graphics card