Sign in to follow this  
Veracis

690 III issue with psu and bottom optional fan

Veracis    0

Seasonic 1000w psu overlaps the screw holes for a 120mm fan o wanted to use for an intake. Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to install the fan or leave it empty?

cota472    3

The specs for the case say it is set up for a standard ATX PSU. It looks like the Seasonic 1000w PSU is about an inch longer than most PSUs, this is going to interfere with the fan placement. Depending on how many HDDs you have, you could remove the lower half of the HDD cage and install your bottom fan more towards the front. 

Veracis    0

The mesh ventilation on the bottom does not extend under the hdd cages I do not believe. I'll double check tonight.

Rather have the psu than the fan if it comes down to it.

cota472    3

From the pictures I found online, you should be able to remove the bottom HDD cage and fit up to a 240mm radiator and a standard PSU. Without the radiator you could just put a fan in the front. IMO, I wouldn't bother with the bottom fan. 

knud    129

According to this image:

10_85da807f6d71d4ea854000ffa34e887d_1375

You should be able to put the fan on the most right position and still use the PSU.

• Upvote 1

cota472    3

I went looking for better pics and I found that the pic Knud posted is the correct one for the CM 690 III, the one I found that shows the grate all the way across the bottom is for the CM 690 II. Are you able to post a pic of where your PSU comes to and we can see the mounting for the fans?

Veracis    0

http://imgur.com/nKbRkj1

Power cables narrow the space plus there are no screw holes I can reach to secure the fan on the bottom. The rear 2 are under the psu cables. The case states 1 120mm can fir but that is probably with a smaller psu.

cota472    3

Yea your PSU is huge, I wouldn't worry about it. That fan is probably one of the least productive ones. What fan configuration are you running?

Veracis    0

200 mm intake in front that came with case. 2x 140 cougar pwm exhaust on top and the 120 mm radiator intake on rear. I don't think I need to push pull on the seidon 120v.

Veracis    0

Ok I need an opinion. So far my setup is as above. I was thinking of making a positive pressure setup with this fan positioning.

Intake: 1x200mm front, 2x140mm top

Exhaust: 1x120mm rear push through seidon radiator with minor exhause of the gpu and psu.

Comments?