zmcqdv

HAF Stacker 935 with EEB Form Factor

zmcqdv    0

Hi all,

I am looking for a casing where it can house 24 over hard drives, and form factor eeb mobo (12"x13").
I saw that HAF Stacker 935 can do all this, but I can't find anywhere whether it can fit this mobo size.

Any idea whether it can or any other recommendation of casing.
Any suggestions?

Should I get 2 PSU, if so what size?

build info:
20x 2.5" sas drives
4x 3.5" sas drives
2x xeon processors
128gb ram
lotsa fans to cool everything

thanks alot.

Guest CM Vic   
Guest CM Vic

Hi zmcqdv,

1. Which model of EEB board you have? It depends to the layout of MB.  Can you show us any picture?

2. A HAF Stacker 935 can't fit 20 SSDs and 4 HDDs at the same time. You have to purchase one more 915R and 4 extra HDD cages (parts of the HAF Stakcer accessory kit).

*935: 925 (6 HDDs) + 915 (9 HDDs) + Buy one more 915R (9 HDDs) = 24 hard drives  

By the way, you don't need to install 2 PSUs since there won't be enough space if you install 24 hard drives. We suggest you to get a high-end PSU, such as V1000 (http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/enthusiast-v-series/v1000/).

• Upvote 1

zmcqdv    0

Hi zmcqdv,

1. Which model of EEB board you have? It depends to the layout of MB.  Can you show us any picture?

2. A HAF Stacker 935 can't fit 20 SSDs and 4 HDDs at the same time. You have to purchase one more 915R and 4 extra HDD cages (parts of the HAF Stakcer accessory kit).

*935: 925 (6 HDDs) + 915 (9 HDDs) + Buy one more 915R (9 HDDs) = 24 hard drives  

By the way, you don't need to install 2 PSUs since there won't be enough space if you install 24 hard drives. We suggest you to get a high-end PSU, such as V1000 (http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/enthusiast-v-series/v1000/).

ASUS Z9PE-D16 (12"x13")

It's definitely I want to buy extra 915R.

I am thinking to put all the hard drives into 915R / 915F

So each 915R - can hold a maximum of 9 HDDs, so I will need to get 2x 915R; am I right?

I would rather remain one cage in the 935/925 just in case.

As for the HDD Cages, how many would I need? and where to get them?

As for the power supply, I would still think to get 2 PSU due to I am using 20x 2.5" SAS drives (not SSD) and 4x 3.5" SAS Drives. These babies will produce heat, so putting them into a stackable 915R, i could put in adequate fans to cool them.

13-131-814-05.jpg

asus_z9pe-d16.jpg

Thank you so much.

ScienceBoy    2

i think the mobo will fit 
because i use Rampage II Extreme that ATX Form Factor ( 12 inch x 10.6 inch)

it placed perfectly on the left of the rubber grommet

If you see at the picture of the HAF 925, there is another standoff hole for mobo at the right of the rubber grommet

each 915 include 1 HDD cage, so if you want to use 3 915(s), you will need 6 more HDD Cages (HDD cage at 925 not calculated)

and for 2 PSU, so you will need another 915 maybe?  :unsure:

superfreak    3

it may fit but it isn't included on the specs while the

Cooler master COSMOS II's specs does support

EEB format

Just check before investing!!