Sign in to follow this  
benoit.olivier

Hyper 48 very noisy

Thanks Hybrid-Mods.

I had tried it too and it could not do anything to improve things.

I found some kind of improvement by disableling the 4 pins fan management in the bios (my Hyper48 power cable has 4 pins). Now the fan speed has gone from 3000 rpm to 2200. But I still have to find some fix to reach the 1400 rpm mentioned on the box.

I'm currently trying to find a compliant rheobus or some adaptor to convert the fan's 4 pins power cable into something that would fit with a rheobus (3 pins plug). I could cut the cables and on both sides and stick them together but I'll do that only if I can find no other option.

arizz    0

Hy, i've got the same problem with a p5ad2 deluxe.

The error signal i've eliminated joining ignore fan speed in the bios.

I've plugged the pins in another pins present in the mobo.

But i've don't understood what's the cause of the problem (volt? sensor?).

I'm looking for some answers.

thanks

arizz    0

I'm writing a mail to cooler master support and explaining the fan problem with hyper48.

If' i will have some information i'll wite in this forum.

bye

Themis    0

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY ASUS MOBO AND MY NEW HYPER 48 BUT I HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT SOLUTION . SO THAT IS HOW IT WORKS : YOU MUST DISABLE THE BLUE CABLE OF THE HYPER 48 FAN BY REMOVING IT FROM THE PLUG (YOU CAN USE A SMALL SCREWDRIVER , YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT IT) . SO I MEAN THE 4-PIN PLUG OF THE HYPER 48. JUST UNPLUG THE BLUE CABLE , THEN PLUG IN THE NOW 3- PIN CABLE TO THE CPU FAN CONNECTOR OF THE MOTHERBOARD AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE (1400 rpm-Low noise). IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER EXPLANATION FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Glad that you found a solution but the next time, can you please lay off the caps? It's annoying to read. Thank you.

I tried removing the blue wire too. It's true that the fan speed goes down to 1400 rpm, but the CPU temp increased so much that I had to put the wire back...

The blue wire is tachometer function. If you cut it, Hyper48 will work around 1400RPM. I think the mother board has different PWM design.