Sign in to follow this  
Jhu

Proper temperature of Nepton 280 l

Jhu    0

what should be the right temperature of your computer when you have Nepton 280l?( not overclocked)

world    84

That really depends on quite a few things.

The processor that you have, the fans that you're using on the Nepton, the fans in your case, the temperature in your case, the temperature in your room, etc. 

there are a lot of factors, so you can't have a "right" temperature for a CPU.

CM Jerry    43

I reckon it depends on what level and which brand of CPU you have.

If you have i3, i5 or lower CPU, the temp should be low undoubtedly.

But if you ask me how low it could be? I can't answer it :)

thanks

knud    129

Bold statement: if you come from an regular AIR cooler (and not the high-end/top model), you should see a 5-15c temperature drop.

But as stated above, depends on various things. But you need something to compare it with :)

cota472    3

I would be interested in seeing a comparison between different coolers, at least between the Nepton 280L and Seidon 240M.

CM Jerry    43

If I didn't remember wrong, the performance of Nepton 280L is better than Seidon 240M and the difference is more obvious while overclocking is higher.

cota472    3

If I didn't remember wrong, the performance of Nepton 280L is better than Seidon 240M and the difference is more obvious while overclocking is higher.

Looking at it now, it does look that way but when I was at the computer store, it was either the Seidon 240M or a Corsair h80i. The box for the 240M said it was "Designed for handling high wattage overclocked CPU" after bumping up my wattage a bit and pushing the OC on my CPU, my temps started going into an unsafe range. I talked to someone in CM support and he said that with an 8-core CPU, I should have gotten the Nepton 280L. 

Back on the OPs topic. 

It is really impossible to say exactly what your temp should be as there are so many factors that impact your temperature, such as:

CPU - brand (AMD or Intel), speed, series  

Thermal paste - Brand, coverage when applied, too much thermal paste is a bad thing

Air flow - how much fresh air do you have coming in and how much is going out. Clean the fan filters if you have them, this will impact your airflow. Also make sure the exhaust vents are not blocked, I was called to look at a friends computer, he said he thought it should be running cooler than it was. The fans looked good, filters were clean but in his desk, it backed up against a piece of wood that completely blocked the airflow from the rear exhaust. 

Other sources of heat - the biggest is your graphics card, they can generate a lot of heat and that air typically stays in your case. Now your cooler grabs that hot air and pushes it across the radiator. Having good airflow will help with moving this air so that it is not staying hot in the case. 

Ambient room Temperature - it doesn't matter if you are in the US and use Fahrenheit or anywhere else in the world and use Celsius. If it is 70*F/21*C in your room you are going to be able to keep your temperature lower than if it were 90*F/32*C.