Sign in to follow this  
virge

How do you know when water block is tight enough on CPU

virge    0

I am building a new system. I have a Cooler Master Cosmos II , and a Cooler Master Glacer 240L . My question is how do you know when you have tightened the water block and pump down enough onto the CPU?  Could you please be very specific, because I am a newbie at this, and would appreciate a detailed explanation. The only thing I am not sure about is how tight to screw down the four screws that hold the water block down on the CPU.  Thank you in advance.

clorenz    2

Do not turn the screws too tight. The waterblock should be snug but not so tight that it flexes or bow's the board at the CPU. I just do mine snug and firm, I also use an open loop setup vs. a closed loop all in one unit.

CM Jerry    43

What clorenz mentioned is right!

Actually, it's not easy to explain how tight we should turn the screws on the waterblock.

I usually "feel" that while installing.

My experience is, turn the screws diagonally, half a circle for each time then you can control the tightening very well.

Hope it's useful to you~

cota472    3

My Seidon 240M has compression springs to hold everything in place. I tightened the thumb screws diagonally to balance the pressure and tightened to finger tight. 

• Upvote 1