Sign in to follow this  
bobby3605

Titan Z Announced

bobby3605    1

I was just happily searching my way through random nvidia card reviews when i came across this http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/25/titan-z/

From what I have seen here is my thoughts

Pros:

12 GB Memory

Dual GPU

5760 Cuda Cores

Can run multiple 4K Monitors

Should be able to run 5K (We just got 4K and they are talking about 5K I don't believe it)

Low power consumption

Cons:

$3000

Cooling may not be sufficient (1 fan?)

What do you think about this?

Will you get one?

world    84

$3000 is too high for me to even begin considering it :P

bobby3605    1

I just thought about this will it be functional for directx 12? nvidia will probably release a new card when directx 12 comes out. Probably call it Titan Z12. Difference will be only watercooled and dx12 support. Don't buy this. When the dx12 card comes out it will probably be cheaper and you will have wasted $3000. Just so you can buy the dx12 card.

world    84

I doubt it will be watercooled, but when they have dx12 support for the next titan, who knows what the price will be? The previous titan was around $1k, and now this one at $3k. 

In general, It's good to ignore the Titan line unless you must have the absolute best that money can buy at the moment. NVidia themselves have more or less said that it was never meant for mass market.

bobby3605    1

After some more thinking it is basically 2 780 Ti in sli. Also the card will only handle 2 way sli. So 4 780 Ti = 2 way sli Titan Z and 4 780 Ti costs about $2800

knud    123

It's just to show what they can do and built, nothing more.

Almost nobody would or can buy it. 

And: 'low power consumption'... I doubt that. But performance/watt ratio could be good - is that what it should say?

I'd rather have a single GPU card that has the 780Ti / Titan speed, but for a mid range price  B)  (and I want it now!)

cota472    3

The Titan Z is ridiculous specced but like you said no one is going to buy a $3000 card unless they have money to waste. When I went to get my newest card, the sales guy kept trying to talk me into the Titan and at $1000, there was no way I could justify it. I ended up leaving with a $300 4GB GTX 760. I am quite happy, I upgraded my computer for BF4 and am seeing 85+ FPS on most maps.

USD 3000 may be just fine for those type of people who want to get in the first line of everything. But for me - I'll guess I stick at my budget and stick with my R9 280x for now. Also, I can see that we're not yet ready for the 4K resolution to be the standard; still 1080p for me.

knud    123

Even this card (Titan-Z) cannot run 4K at 60fps with ultra settings + 4/8AA on games as BF4 or Bioshock Infinite.

But sure, it can run multiple 4K monitors running just windows :P