mville

Silencio 352 Front Panel I/O USB 2.0 and SD Card Reader connector

mville    0

4 weeks ago, I purchased a Coolermaster Silencio 352 to house a new MSI H87M-G43 UEFI motherboard. The PC I am building is a Windows 8.1 64-bit machine.

However, I have problems with the Coolermaster Silencio 352 Front Panel USB 2.0 connector, which I believe is also the connector for the SD card reader.

When this connector is connected to JUSB1 (USB 2.0 expansion connector) of the motherboard, I am getting problems. Problems I get are when I shutdown, the PC boots itself automatically after 2-3 seconds or within windows I am getting strange, inconsistent sleep/hibernate/wakeup behaviour.

I have been in contact with MSI for the past 4 weeks struggling to find out what is wrong and we have exhausted all possible solutions. Finally, they have asked me to disconnect the Front Panel USB 2.0 connector and the PC is now working fine.

Anyone got any ideas as to what may be wrong here? TIA

Guest CM Vic   
Guest CM Vic

Hi mville,

Does this issue happen when you connect the USB connector to JUSB2 and other USB 2.0 internal connector pins on your MB?

EdwinG    0

Hello Mville,

i have the exact problem with my Silencio 352, also Win8.1 64b but with a ASRock B85M Pro4 motherboard. First thought was the powersupply but problem is still here. Did you find out what the problem was? 

madaguilar    0

Hi there

The same problem with a Gigabyte GA-M85M-US2H motherboard, running (dual boot) both ubuntu 14.04 and windows 7.

Windows says 'usb device not recognized', whlie in linux (as seen in /var/log/syslog) i have in boot time some 'time out' errors:

"

usb x-x: device descriptor read/64, error -62

hub x-x:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port x

". Any way, pen drive usb memories are working plugged on all three front connectors! Thought, system has became instable, and sometimes gets frozen.

I've tested board again in my former box, and usb runs without problems, so it seems that there's no problem in the motherboard.

Maybe a hardware problem with connector/cable?

EdwinG    0

The problem was in the Samsung Magician Software of my SSD. After the update to Magician 4.6 the problem of restarting after shutdown was no longer there.

Pclinde    197

The problem was in the Samsung Magician Software of my SSD. After the update to Magician 4.6 the problem of restarting after shutdown was no longer there.

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for sharing your solution. What happens if you reinstall the software?

Cheers, Pim

QLink    0

I've the exact same problem also:

Mainboard: ASROCK H85M-HDS flashed with newest bios (2.0)

it's only the USB 2.0 expansion connector.

if i disconnect it, everything works normal

if i reconnect it, the problems are starting all over again.

the USB 3.0 connector works fine...

no samsung magician software installed, i have a Crucial M500 SSD

QLink    0

Is cooler master team reading these forums ?

I thought this is a support forum...

Why do i get no feedback ? It's more than 3 months now, since i wrote my above post ... :|

Dear All,

Please go to: http://account.coolermaster.com/ and create a ticket for the problem.

When the Silencio case is still within warranty, we can send you all a new USB card free of charge, and we hope we can solve the problem with a new USB card.

Please include to your ticket:

- Purchase receipt

- Serial number of the case

- Full address details

Thank you!

Best regards,

Maikel Holtman, Cooler Master Support.