Xploder

Nepton 280L Water Pump Rpm

Xploder    0

Hi Guys/Girls,

I recently purchased a Nepton 280L cooler to replace my H80 that was not getting it done anymore. I had no problems with install and temps seem ok. My concern is the water pump RPM, hooked up to CPU1 or CPU2 fan header it runs at full rpm 6800. This seems really high, I submitted a ticket with coolermaster to see what is the proper rpm.

I currently have the pump connector connected to a SYS1 fan header and can control the rpm to around 4500. I do not want to under or over drive the pump. The motherboard  is a MSI Gaming Z87-G45 with a i7-4770k.

Thanks Everyone!

Lance

CM Jerry    43

Hello Xploder, 

About your question, after asking technical support team I got some description as below:

"Running at 6800 RPM means that the pump is running 100% which is normal, all our AIO Liquid Cooler are designed to run at 100% and it will not reduce the life of the pump by doing so.

It appears the user has voltage control on his motherboard to control his chassis fans so when he plugs into the SYS_FAN1 it is running probably 70% to 80% which is not recommended but should be OK."

Actually, our Nepton series is using the latest technology for its high performance including the power circuit design, pump, the water block, the water-flow path and the driver IC. I think the pump’s RPM you claimed is higher than your expectation, right?

The main reason is the most of the on-board super i/o can't show real info, so it shows higher.

The real RPM should be 2266 RPM instead of 6800 RPM.

Hope the answer will be useful to you :)

Do not hesitate if any question~

Thanks

Xploder    0

Thanks CM Jerry!

I have not run the system much yet because I was unsure of the pump rpm, I have since switched the pump connector back to CPU1 and it is running at 6800rpm and I will leave it there.

"The real RPM should be 2266 RPM instead of 6800 RPM."

So this means that the pump is actually running at 2266 Rpm and that the mother board is reporting the rpm incorrectly due to design?

Thanks again for the help

CM Jerry    43

Yes, the real RPM is 2266 instead of 6800. :)

I reckon the vendors of motherboard will fix the issue very soon.

I'm glad to hear the info is useful to you and welcome to give us any feedback if any question.

thanks