Sign in to follow this  
cota472

OCing FX-8350 With CM Seidon 240M

cota472    3

Yea, seeing that i had more room to play with, I bumped the OS up to 4.8GHz while still at 1.4v and tested it, the temp never got over 58*C. Then my ASUS utility notified me of a BIOS update, which I downloaded to a flash drive and installed through the BIOS.  Now when my system reboots I get a message that says "Updating iROG firmware now, do not turn off" it finishes a couple seconds later then freezes on the splash screen. I hold the power, shut it down and turn it on again, it boots. if I restart, I have to do all of this over again. I have removed all over clock and reset the board, I have re-downloaded the BIOS update to another drive and tried it again with the same results. If it is not one thing, it is another. 

cota472    3

I tried reloading the BIOS last night and things went real bad. By the time it was done, I had no activity from my computer and a blank screen.

I called ASUS tech support and the guy was awesome. He had me re-download the BIOS file to my flash drive and press the ROG connect button, about 2 minutes later my system was alive again.

knud    129

Uff, that s*cks man. 

DId you get it back at 4.8 Ghz?

Does your motherboard have a dual bios by any chance? Might trying a new bios a bit more safe.

cota472    3

I am still randomly getting the updating iROG firmware message. My computer will randomly freeze on the splash screen. When it does restart my CMOS has been cleared and all settings are back to default. I am not feeling good about my computer right now.

CM Jerry    43

I suggest you should deliver your motherboard to a retailer with ASUS's customer service to ensure the product is running with best stability~

Is the motherboard under warranty?

cota472    3

I spent a couple hours on the phone with ASUS support. After much disassembling and reassembling of my computer, they are RMAing my motherboard. No matter what we do, it is not even getting past the basic BIOS start-up. The motherboard is only 3 months old so they are going to advance replace it.

knud    129

Too bad you have to RMA it.. but the good news is you get a brand new board (in advance!), so you can start fresh (again).

cota472    3

I finally got my advance replacement board yesterday, I take apart the computer and install it... No boot. I am now getting a CPU FAN error. They are trying to blame my Seidon, but just 2 hours before, my computer was up and running and the Seidon was just fine. I did try plugging the stock cooler in just in case and it does not work either. Now they want me to send both boards back and I will have no computer for 2-6 weeks while they either repair mine or find me a replacement. I am not happy with ASUS right now. 

UPDATE:

Several more calls to ASUS and I am told my only option is to send both boards back and wait for a replacement. This was after the blamed my case, then my PSU. 

Any suggestions for a good motherboard that is not ASUS?