Sign in to follow this  
Grump

Cool Copper RAM Sinks

Grump    0

This looks better than anything I've used in the past.

861c876a4e565a84a8eb42e3e2a32d59.jpg

Click image for more information

They also come in aluminuminuminum-inummy. It's also easier to install and prob'ly more efficient. What do you think?

Grump

Grump    0

Hi dim3,

Sorry I had to edit your post. We don't want the members to have to scroll left and right to see the pictures and read the messages that follow -- an awful lot of folks still have screen resolutions of 800 X 600. Even with a 1024 X 768 setting, the browser and forum layout take away some of the room and if you have a sidebar open it's even less. Pics 750px wide are plenty big enough anyway. Please feel free to edit your post with a smaller image.

I guess the coolers on your RAM are okay, I just have this thing about having company logos blazened on ever'thing. 'Course, even Cooler Master puts their logo on their products, but it doesn't look like a race car with a dozen sponsors.

Hey, thanks for joining. Enjoy yourself here.

Grump

dim3    0

hehe... thats ok.. didnt know that.

i like when the computer shows what it is made of :D

jimmyang    0

i agree with dim, the corsair one looks much better. With it's led indication.. the cm looks normal.

viperj    0

I've got these on my ram but i don't think i'll change it!

14870405.gif

For my other computer yes, i'll buy these!

c249b9331012c0e3e53230218d14686b.jpg

The corsair xmspro do have a nice cosmetic look but $159 for 512 of PC3200 at Cas Latency of 2-3-3-6 makes the price is too much for me.

For $159 get something good:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-289&catalog=147&depa=1

The tiny heatsinks are nice looking, but what if your memory has chips on both sides of the PCB, the tiny heat sinks only cover the chip itself. The heat spreader covers area that the tiny heatsinks do not, allowing more area to spread the heat and keeping the chip cooler.

viperj    0

i'm lucky, my other ram is single-sided and BTW heatsinks for ram don't cost that much. :D

eternity    0

The Kingston HyperX sticks look good, especially with the bl00ness and all :)

viperj    0

Thanks, i'm looking for uv paint/marker so that when it's dark the hiperX glows :lol: