Sign in to follow this  
Kitrax

Questions and opinions about the Aquagate...

Kitrax    0

Well...before that moron hacked the site I asked a couple of questions about the Aquagate, but since my entire thread got deleted, I'm going to ask a couple of different questions.

So here we go:

#1: Why did CM decide to use one 80mm radiator? I know that's all the unit could fit inside, but there are other companies that not only have a radiator/fan inside the main unit, but also come with a second, larger radiator/fan...which could be mounted on the rear 120mm exhaust hole of most cases.

#2: Why did CM put such a weak pump in to the unit? I was playing around with my unit last night and the water squirting out of the open ended tube was nowhere near powerful enough to be effective to even cool my slightly oc'ed P4 3.4 running at 3.6...

#3 Why didn't CM even consider making an "upgraded" Aquagate by adding enough power and enough cooling to the unit so the end users could easily add VPU/GPU as well as NB chip coolers. True, the CPU is more important than the other two chips, but they deserve water cooling too!

#4: Why didn't CM produce an external enclosure for the Aquagate for the users that wish to have the unit outside of their case? I wouldn't want a raw steel unit that looks like is isn't supposed to be outside of the case...especially since my case has a custom automotive quality black and blue paint job.

So there you have it. The concept of the Aquagate is awesome, but CM came up short this time by producing an expensive unit that is barely able to cool JUST one chip out of the three chips that need active cooling. If any of you remember my other thread, then you are more than welcome to add your two cents to this thread.

Thanks. :)

MUYA    0

In all fairness to CM (and I reallydon't have much respect for them left), the aquagate wasn't probably aimed for the Overclockers rather those, who wanted a quiet cooling solution which the Aquagate does provide (if your pumps doesn't get noisy like mine through some manufacturing fault probably)

Mr. Miyagi    2

In 2005, CM will release 3 new versions of the Aquagate and they are more powerful and have vast improvements. Stay tuned.

Pattmyn    0
the aquagate wasn't probably aimed for the Overclockers rather those, who wanted a quiet cooling solution which the Aquagate does provide

Headshot. Thats exactly what it was made for and Ive been seeing people confuse that. This isnt a power WC unit, its a light job to take care of the CPU.

Kitrax    0

@Mr. Miyagi: Do you know what part of 2005? I can wait until the 2nd quarter of 2005...using the unit I alredy have, but after that I'm dumping it for a better system that can actually do what I need it to. Danger Den's water cooling looks pretty good to me...if these 3 "new" versions can compete with some of Danger Den's stuff, then I'll be a CM fan once again.