Sign in to follow this  
Echo

What do I trust?

Echo    0

I re-installed my AquGate water block today (just got AS5 :D) so I installed acccording to the AS site info, I put a little smear of AS5 on the corner of the CPU (Prescot 3.0E) just enough to hold the tip of the thermal probe from the AquaGate (just the plastic tip, not the sensor bead)

No I'm wondering, do I trust the AquGate temp reading (currently 37.1 C) or Winbond Hardware Doctor (came with the DFI LanParty PRO875B Rev B motherboard) currently the software reads 45.5 C

SysTemp 37.0 C

CPUTemp 45.5 C

GPU core temp 43 C

Ambient temp 38 C

AquaGate CPU Temp 37.1 C

AquaGate Water Temp 35.1 C

I also removed the stock heat sink on the NorthBridge chip, cleaned it up and re-applied it with a bead of AS5. System temps seem a lot better, but I still want to get an after market NorthBridge cooler, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Echo

bronney    0

What is your mobo and why do you want to change the stock NB heatsink?

NB sinks range from $4 - $40 - watercooled for different reasons. If you're not insanely oc'ing your mobo, a 5k+ rpm fan on the stock NB sink would do fine.

Echo    0
What is your mobo and why do you want to change the stock NB heatsink?

NB sinks range from $4 - $40 - watercooled for different reasons. If you're not insanely oc'ing your mobo, a 5k+ rpm fan on the stock NB sink would do fine.

Motherboard is a DFI LanParty PRO875B Rev B, and the stock NB sink is insanely close to the AGP slot (only about 1cm away from my ASUS V9980 GFX card) so it get's a lot of radiant heat, and would just like to cool it some more. Maybe when the add-ons are made for the AquaGate, CoolerMaster might make a NB block, that would be perfect :)

Ryan    0

Same here, Aplied AS5 with my Aquagate and get different readings.

I'm using k8n neo platinum + AMD 64 3400+

Readings:

Aquagate CPU Temp. 34.2 'C

Aquagate Tank Temp 31.4 'C

MSI Core Center Temp. 39'C