tijokurian2010

Need some tips

Hello,

Afternoon Fellow CMers,

This is the current rig of My Gaming Machine.

Manufacturer : INTEL
Processor : Intel® Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory : 8192MB RAM Corsair Vengeance

Hard Drive : 2 TB Total Western Digital
Motherboard : INTEL DH55TC
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

PSU : Cooler Master 500W
Physics Card : No
Monitor : LG Flatron 22 inch with TV
Sound Card : Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers : LOGITECH
Peripherals Keyboard : HID Keyboard Device
Mouse : HID-compliant mouse
Mouse Surface : LOGITECH MOUSE + KEYBOARD
Computer Case : INTEX XL

Games I play/Played : Need for Speed: World, BattleForge, PCSX2, Need For Speed: The Run, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2005, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Carbon, Call of Duty, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, SHIFT 2: Unleashed, Need for Speed: ProStreet, Second Life, Crysis 3, Auto Club Revolution, Battlefield 4, Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3 (DX11), Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box.

I would like to know/get some advice/tips from CMers like what should I change/upgrade in my current setup/rig.

Thanks in advance

CyberTk/Tk :)

world    84

I would do a GPU upgrade

Your CPU will work fine and can probably overclock at least a bit (although that depends on your CPU cooler)

Your GPU is quite a bit more outdated and was never a powerful card to begin with, so that's definitely bottlenecking your game performance.

What kind of budget do you have, and where are you living? Maybe we can give more accurate advice based on that info :)

Also, if possible, you should look into getting a 64 bit operating system so you can use your 8 gb of ram better thumbsup.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm from Vadodara, Gujarat, India and thanks for your instantaneous reply. :D

Can you tell me which Case/Chasis I can use for my rig/setup, though I have one in mind " Cosmos II Full tower. " :wub:

superfreak    3

I'm from Vadodara, Gujarat, India and thanks for your instantaneous reply. :D

Can you tell me which Case/Chasis I can use for my rig/setup, though I have one in mind " Cosmos II Full tower. " :wub:

that's a very cool case!!!!!! just like cool beans said change the windows to a 64 bit version as you are not using the 8 gigas but only 4

and get yourself a GTX 650 ti

• Upvote 1

CM Jerry    43

The world's opinion is the same as mine. Your hardware list is not bad besides the VGA card!

You should get higher level like NVIDIA GF 650Ti, AMD HD 7750 or above if available :)

• Upvote 1

world    84

Thanks for your replies guyz. @world, @superfreak & @CM Jerry :D.

Now I have re-formated my system and running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit.

I enquire at the local retail shop and they said GeForce GTX 650 is the latest gfx @ INR 8k. Should I go with that or try ordering it from some where else.

Is it possible to go another step higher than the GTX 650? I think the 650 might still struggle a bit with some of the games you wanted to play. I would suggest a 660 ti since that's a significant boost in performance from the GTX 650 without being extremely expensive, but that's still a decent bit of a price increase :(

What is your max budget for an upgrade?

Also, hopefully Windows 7 64 bit will give you an improvement in your system speed :)

• Upvote 1

CM Jerry    43

Is the 22" monitor not big enough? Which size do you need?

My monitor for gaming is BenQ EW2420 with VA panel and I think it's not bad for gaming~

I suggest you can choose the which output you need first, HDMI, DVI, VGA or DP, then search size and panel.

Hope above will be helpful~ :)

• Upvote 1