z999z3mystorys

High airflow long life 140mm and 200mm fans

I'd like to see some extra high airflow and long life fans in the 140/200/230 sizes. I want to upgrade the fans in my HAF-X but my options consist pretty much of adding a single 200MM fan at the top as far as upgrading the airflow in that case via cooler master fans.

Ariolander    0

I would love to be able to purchase JetFlo 140 outside of the AIO Water Cooling kits so I can have matching fans for push and pull.

I would love to be able to purchase JetFlo 140 outside of your AIO Water Cooling kits so I can have matching fans for push and pull.

YES 140 and 200mm Jetflo :) (I think the GTS V8 also has those as well)

Yep size important, ~20 CFM for a 80mm fan at 19 dBA verses 110 CFM at 19 dBA for a 200mm fan (even if you put say, 4 80mm fans in the same space, you'd still have only ~80 CFM compared to 110 though to fully take up the space you'd need to compare say, 9, 80mm fans to 4, 120mm fans to 1, 240mm fan.

Ideally I'd like to see say, 120mm, 140mm, and 200mm all with 19/28/36 dBA options (via the quiet adaptor) we have the 120mm version that does just that, just need the 140 and 200 versions with the same dBA options. (no real point in having say, 5 fans at 19dBA if you have one fan at 36dBA or in my case, a room fan and use headphones heh)

DaveLT    16

140 and 200 jetflos might be coming.

No, 2 120 fans are better than a single 200mm fan because a 200mm has very low static pressure. With a filter the airflow is very very weak. I have a CM Megaflo 200 and the airflow output is pathetic.

superfreak    3

140 and 200 jetflos might be coming.

No, 2 120 fans are better than a single 200mm fan because a 200mm has very low static pressure. With a filter the airflow is very very weak. I have a CM Megaflo 200 and the airflow output is pathetic.

it really depends on the fan, the megaflow (Silent fan)being a 200mm fan has just 110 CFM and 0.595 mm/h20 (static pressure) because it only spins

at 700 rpm. It moves considerably a lot of air at just 19dba. Silent fans are usually this way.

If you take another 200 fan like the nzxt which spins at almost double 1300 rpms and has a static pressure of 1.82 at a terrible 37dba!! I think people should investigate what they want from a fan (silence, static pressure,etc) All fans are not build the same and each is different.

Bigger fans will give you the same or maybe more airflow at less rpms than smaller fans. 

The same for 120 fans, some will give a lot of static pressure (this are good for heatsinks and radiators) or high airflow for case fans.

DaveLT    16

it really depends on the fan, the megaflow (Silent fan)being a 200mm fan has just 110 CFM and 0.595 mm/h20 (static pressure) because it only spins

at 700 rpm. It moves considerably a lot of air at just 19dba. Silent fans are usually this way.

If you take another 200 fan like the nzxt which spins at almost double 1300 rpms and has a static pressure of 1.82 at a terrible 37dba!! I think people should investigate what they want from a fan (silence, static pressure,etc) All fans are not build the same and each is different.

Bigger fans will give you the same or maybe more airflow at less rpms than smaller fans. 

The same for 120 fans, some will give a lot of static pressure (this are good for heatsinks and radiators) or high airflow for case fans.

The bare minimum for a fan is 3mmH2O, any less and you will have to run the fan at full blast. 

It provides 1.82mmh2o (although i'm doubtful of that claim) but you can crank it down

Trust me, behind a filter even a basic one that 110cfm will fall to 20-30 and combine that with a large area spread airflow will be pathetic.

How do I know? I test fans all the time and I have Megaflo 200s around.

superfreak    3

The bare minimum for a fan is 3mmH2O, any less and you will have to run the fan at full blast. 

It provides 1.82mmh2o (although i'm doubtful of that claim) but you can crank it down

Trust me, behind a filter even a basic one that 110cfm will fall to 20-30 and combine that with a large area spread airflow will be pathetic.

How do I know? I test fans all the time and I have Megaflo 200s around.

You are right that if you put a fan not made for static pressure in front of a filter it would be useless. But the megaflow is not made for static pressure. Cooler master jetflo, sickle flow and blade master all provide excellent static pressure (blade master being the inferior and jetflo the best), but the majority of fans ( here im using 120mm fan)have a SP between 1 and 3.00 and some do pretty good.

the noctua nf-f12 has a SP of 2.61 and they work pretty well (maybe the best you can get for a rad). the silverstone air penetrator 121 has a SP of 1.71

the gentle typhoon a-15 from scythe that so many ppl praise have 2.05 mm/h2o. the corsair SP high perform. 3.02 and the quiet edition 1.29.

So my conclusion would be how effective all this fans are in pushing air. Some say 3.00 mm/h2o and are far worst than others with 2. It all depends on the fan.