I just watched Linus on the Cooler Master booth at CES 2014.

So they got:
*new accessories for the HAF Stacker

*a prototype for a new HAF case with a huge window

*360mm Glacer

*new fans

One notable thing that caught my attention is the fan that is similar to the CoolTech fan of Asus - that blows the air sideways. I think that this may be effective on low profile heatsinks with a large surface area.

Your thoughts about this, guys?  :)

That fan will be interesting, in places where you don't have a whole lot of room and the fan is blowing against a wall the side exhalst could be very useful. I can't see a whole lot of paces like that, but for those rare places that doe end up having your fan blow against a wall, it'd be helpful. I do however wonder about the tradeoffs.

As for the rest, 360mm Glacer: bigger is better :) and the case, well I love a huge window, and the accessories give a good number of options and flexablity, and that seems to be what the stacker is all about: customization.

That fan will be interesting, in places where you don't have a whole lot of room and the fan is blowing against a wall the side exhalst could be very useful. I can't see a whole lot of paces like that, but for those rare places that doe end up having your fan blow against a wall, it'd be helpful. I do however wonder about the tradeoffs.

As for the rest, 360mm Glacer: bigger is better :) and the case, well I love a huge window, and the accessories give a good number of options and flexablity, and that seems to be what the stacker is all about: customization.

That fan would be great for SFF cases or for those who wants to build a SteamBox of their own. My mini-PC setup is ready :D

Ariolander    0

Definitely looking forward to the HAF Stacker accessories especially the HDD cages.

I want to make the top 915 of my Stacker into a MiniITX FreeNAS file server for my home office with my workstation built into the bottom. Might even pick up another 915 as a pedestal in the future if business picks up and I decide to go crazy on my workstation in the future.

The 360 Glacier is definitely nice but as an AIO system I wonder how long/flexible the tubing is. In cases with 360mm radiator support I found at times getting to that mounting area can be a bit long/out of the way depending on the case you are using. A handy chart of CM cases that can not only mount it, but with practical tubing support it would be nice come release.

Does this prototype HAF case allow both vertical & horizontal usage? I love how my HAF XB has horizontal and my main problem with Corsair's Carbide Air 640 which looks similar is how ugly the 'bottom' is and how you can't rotate it 90 degrees and place it horizontally on a desk.

Does this prototype HAF case allow both vertical & horizontal usage? I love how my HAF XB has horizontal and my main problem with Corsair's Carbide Air 640 which looks similar is how ugly the 'bottom' is and how you can't rotate it 90 degrees and place it horizontally on a desk.

Yes, you can lay it done horizontally. That's the reason why the Cooler Master badge can be rotated.