11602483905_4628e00f98_z.jpg

Here's a picture of the internal of my 690 III. If possible in the future - I would love to see Cooler Master doing a refreshed 690 III.

Here are some of my ideas:

Scratch-resistant acrylic window side panel  - mine got so many scratches from cleaning with just a towel. This is my first casing with a window side panel. I learned my lesson. I hope Cooler Master would be able to sell replacement window side panels for this.

Rubber grommets on cable management holes - needless to say - this would be a lot sexier with rubber grommets in it.

Option to remove the top compartment with cover - replace this with a bracket to allow 360mm radiator. This would allow further customizability for users who want to use those rads. The top mesh would have to be replaced.

Change the compartment cover design - I know that it's hard to use the cover by just sliding it. I usually place my external hard drives above it.

Front Panel USB3 to USB2 connector for internal pin headers - there are still people that uses motherboards without internal USB3.0 headers. It would be nice if the unit itself comes with a adapter, so that it will not be left dead blank if the user doesn't have a board with said internal headers.

More headroom above the motherboard - an inch of headroom - if possible. I'm trying to do a push-pull configuration for my 120 rad positioned in the front-end of the motherboard. The result is that it blocks the memory module slot  :(. It's possible to do a push-pull config on the rear-end of the motherboard - near the I/O ports. If you really want that configuration for a dual rad - you'll be needing to remove the top cover and place the fans above  :unsure:

Improved top cover - the top cover has its weak points on some portions. After two days, I noticed that the top cover is not laying flat, and when I checked it out - the cover has a small crack. I just used an adhesive to put them back again. The design is fine, but the weak points should be pointed out. See the image below.
11829615823_c19847f6c2_n.jpg  11829343455_9717f29ea3_n.jpg 

Other than that I don't have anything else to say.

How about you, guys? Do you have any ideas?  :)

• Upvote 1

CM JesseP.    34

yeah, having a scratch-proof side panel window would be awesome.. how ever, i think it would cost too much to be included on a mainstream chasis.

HOWEVER..

to minimize, or to make the scratches invisible, just point whatever lighting you have, away from the panel window as much as possible. look at what i did:

1060f3b.jpg

yes, there are MANY MANY scratches on that window. there's also dust clinging to the static.. and some "spray residue". as long as the light will not directly hit the window, you wont see a thing. this will be hard to do if you use cathodes instead of LED strips/bulbs.

• Upvote 1

Not scratch-proof but scratch-resistant. I mean, even from a slight wipe from a generic rag scratches the window. Acrylic is sensitive as :). I hope that CM would sell replacement window side panel. It's a good thing that I don't have a severe case of OCD. In the future - when I'm going to buy a chassis again - I'll be extra careful  :)

It's really nice to see an updated version of the 690 III that I saw from Jesse(http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php?/topic/10848-project-kuro-by-jesse-palacio/#entry107720). I already sent an e-mail to CM Support and a follow-up e-mail with the invoice  and additional details needed. I'm excited to have those rubber grommets  :)

Please bring back Cooler Master 690 III case..

Suggestions:

Tool-less / screw-less PCI expansion slots

Easy to remove dust filters front, top and bottom 

Strong top cover (to put UPS on top of if no fans used)