Sign in to follow this  
z999z3mystorys

I have a V8 GTS on the way!

I ahve to admit what sold me the most was the looks never seen a cooler look quite as good as that one. I'm curently using a stock (gasp) cooler on my i7 4770k and of course needed a solid cooler if I'm going to overclock it. I'll post pics when it arrives.

CM Jerry    43

Good job~

i7 4770k is such a high-end CPU, will you overclock it to get higher performance? :D

V8 GTS is excellent and its shape always makes me feel it's like a Transformer~

Yeah, I'll overclock it no doubt, if I didn't I'm guessing I could get by with the stock cooler, but a stock CPU, running at stock speeds with a stock cooler? what's the fun in that :)

Yeah, I have the HAF X with the window and plenty of space, I am a bit unsure about how hard it'll be to install such a large HSF if I try to not have to remove it from the case first, but I can remove the motherboard if needed.

I have it installed now, and while the installation was not all that easy, the cooling is great. I'm at about 25c idle, and 30-35c under light load, compared to 40c at idle and 70c under light load with the stock cooler (though to be fair, no one expects much from a stock cooler anyway)

I didn't want to run any stress tests with the stock cooler, so I don't have numbers for that, but I'll do that with the new cooler and see how it does.

Using real temp and prime95 it leveled off around 65c under max load (core temps) with a peak of about 69c on the hottest core, I'll see how it does once I OC it a bit too.

world    84

Glad to hear you finally got it! It seems like your temperatures are way better than before (as expected :P)

Looking forward to your overclocking results :)

Was able to drop temps farther by doing a few things like plugging back in the front intake fan (oops) and a few other things, dropped Prime95 temps from 65 average, 69 max, to 60 average 65 max, so about 4-5c there, also upped the clocked to 4.0 Ghz max (but no voltage changes)