Dan Valentin

Glacer 240L review from pureoverclock.com

world    84

My current case is too small to fit the Glacier 240L, so I use an air cooler. However, given the current state of CPUs, unless you have an overclocked hex- or octo-core, I think watercooling is not really needed anymore. Of course, those with higher end 2011 socket Intel or AMD FX-9000 series CPUs would probably do well with having a cooler like the Glacier 240L.

Of course, using an AIO watercooling unit is good for your motherboard and lets you have more empty space in your case, which are pretty good benefits :)

• Upvote 1

My current case is too small to fit the Glacier 240L, so I use an air cooler. However, given the current state of CPUs, unless you have an overclocked hex- or octo-core, I think watercooling is not really needed anymore. Of course, those with higher end 2011 socket Intel or AMD FX-9000 series CPUs would probably do well with having a cooler like the Glacier 240L.

Of course, using an AIO watercooling unit is good for your motherboard and lets you have more empty space in your case, which are pretty good benefits :)

In terms of space saving, modding or get a better cpu  cooling for high demands, Glacer 240L does the job. So i agree with you. Air cooler or fan less is enough for cpu's with low TDPs.

Ketadine    0

I've read several reviews on this product and all say it's really good, but it seems it's not available anywhere except the US and shipping to the EU cost around 70-80 $ depending on the country. Does anyone know when the Glacial 240L will be available in Europe ?

Mike-L    1

I recently built my new main gaming box.

Intel core i7 4770K on an ASUS ROG Maximus VI MB with a GTX 770 pumping pixels.

To keep the CPU cool, I selected the Glacer 240L.

It is a very capable water cooling solution. My only complaint is that (as the linked review in the OP states) excessive fan noise when the MB cranks up the fan speed. At slower speeds the included fans are very quiet. However, when things get hot and the MB cranks up the speed, the fans are quite loud. Way too loud.

To quite things down, I replaced the stock fans with a couple of Noctua NF-F12 fans. Highly recommended.

So here is my new build

comp_1.png?m=1394496597

Notice that I selected the Cooler Master Cosmos SE case. Very nice case. Recommended.

I almost went with the Cosmos II and at times wish I had done so, but went with the SE. It is just about as good and costs quite a bit less. No regrets.

For my install, I needed to sandwich the top case grill between the radiator and fans. The Glacer 240L comes with the fans assembled to the radiator and there was not enough room in the case for them both to fit due to the ASUS CrossChill heat sink on the MB.

Here is a shot from inside the case of the radiator:

comp_3.png?m=1394496596

And the fans on top:

comp_2.png?m=1394496594

I can play demanding games (i.e. Far Cry 3, BF4) at high settings and the CPU temps never go above 49-51 °C.

Next up for this system is to go custom a bit by putting an EK block on the GPU. The vid card runs hot. Not at all thrilled with the stock air cooling.

This is my first foray into Cooler Master products. Very happy about my choices and will be looking at their products again.

• Upvote 1

CM Jerry    43

Yup, your rig looks really cool!

And I wonder why you chose Noctua fans installed on the top instead of our fans? :D