CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

Hello!  Just finished my new build including 140XL.  Very excited and, so far, very pleased!

A pal was over and noticed a slight clicking sound.  We think it is coming from the pump.  It isn't loud, in fact with the chassis buttoned up, it is hard to hear at all.  Is this normal?

Hopefully, I just need a little reassurance!  Thanks!

• Upvote 1

dwilko    5

Hello!  Just finished my new build including 140XL.  Very excited and, so far, very pleased!

A pal was over and noticed a slight clicking sound.  We think it is coming from the pump.  It isn't loud, in fact with the chassis buttoned up, it is hard to hear at all.  Is this normal?

Hopefully, I just need a little reassurance!  Thanks!

Hello bud, if its only a slight ticking and random not constant may just be trapped air. it can dissipate my replacement nepton 240m still had slight ticking from the pump but has pretty much stopped. the original was quite loud audible over the fans at max rpm so i had it rma'd. 

My advice would be run it for a half hour or so leave it overnight and then start again repeat the process if it gets worse id rma it. if its only slight it may stop.

Sunday Morning    177

Hello all.

I bought Nepton 240 M.. And i want to ask if you can manage it with a program or something like that!

Thanks in advance,

Stelios

Hi

any program ? sorry i dont understand .. :(

Hmm you mean any program can control the nepton 240m?

Sunday Morning    177

Yeap!

is there no program to control nepton 240m

the official website no mention regarding this

but you can contact CM support services ( via Email or Chat live ) and tell them regarding this issue

Stelioskok    0

is there no program to control nepton 240m

the official website no mention regarding this

but you can contact support services problem they giv you more detail via email or direct call

Hmmm ok! thank you! but how i can see the temperature and the fans?

Sunday Morning    177

Alot software out there able to check our system temp and rpm of fans speed.

iam using z97x Gaming 5 with this mobo iam able to see my system, temp fans speed

reply you via Windows phone.

Hello guys, my first post here :)

I have Nepton 120XL for 6 months now and it is great so far.

I have a question about the pump.

I use it connected to a system fan header on full speed all the time, i use the coolers with pwm ramping. I can't find anything in the manual, do i need to make the pump also ramp down or up depending on the temperature or it's fine working at 100%. I saw a video awhile ago, an official CM video of the installation of this kit, the presenter said to be all the time at full blast, but i can see on various youtube channels and on forums that you should not use the pump/block at 100% all the time because of the wear and tear. Can anyone give me some advice about what's the best thing to do. Thanks

Hello! Just finished my new build including 140XL. Very excited and, so far, very pleased!

A pal was over and noticed a slight clicking sound. We think it is coming from the pump. It isn't loud, in fact with the chassis buttoned up, it is hard to hear at all. Is this normal?

Hopefully, I just need a little reassurance! Thanks!

I had that with my unit, Nepton 120XL, it was sounding like it had some fizzy drink inside it, i tilted the case gently from side to side, i dont know if i did something clever or stupid with that but apart from that i left it alone and the little clicking and the soda drink noise was gone after 3-4 days of normal use :)