CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

Pclinde    197

I recently purchased a Nepton 240m and am happy with it apart from one issue. Last I upgraded my CPU and when reinstalling the Nepton I stripped one of the four standoffs. I've contacted CM support and they approved my parts request, but they are having warehouse issues and I still haven't received anything from them. I'm ready to take matters into my own hands as I am tired of waiting to get my PC up and running. Anybody know where I can buy a replacement standoff? Unlike the other Nepton models the 240m has metal hexagonal standoffs and doesn't use thumbscrews. Cooler Master doesn't sell an accessories pack for the 240m so I'm kind of stuck. Please help! Thanks : )

Maybe you can contact the CM EU Store? They might send you some new standoffs.  http://www.cmstore.eu/contact-us/

zig    0

Hello all,

I bought recently a new CM Nepton 240M Cooling system. While the cooler unit seems very promising. the installation guideline is pretty poor.

I still struggle to correctly plug the power cable onto the motherboard fans.

I have a ASUS X99 Pro motherboard with one "CPU FAN" power suply, one "CPU optional" and 4 chassis fan plugs.

Now my question is how to correctly connect the power of the fans and the water pump.

Is it to correct

- to plug the waterpump powersupply to the normal CPU fan connector and the fans to the CPU optional or chassis fan or

- vice versa, connect the Nepton fans withe the CPU fan connector and the water pump with either the CPU optional or chassis fan connector.

I'd be grateful for your help. Cause I don't want to destroy this fine pice of coooling technology before I've really used it.

It would be great someone could give a genaral advice on how to plug the power cables correctly to the right connectors on the motherboard.

I did not find any good answer so far.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Zig

user3822    0

The pump goes to CPU OPT header, while the fans go to CPU Fan header. it is as easy as that :D

That's like the 4th different configuration method for the pump + fan connector placement that I've read about.

This guy works for CM and he places the pump connector on a Fan header on the mobo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_HkQF0dZE#t=2m1s

Clearly, not "as easy as that" and this really needs to be clarified once and for all by Cooler Master.

Seriously, I've never had the displeasure of dealing with such useless instructions. And this isn't just me; if you go to Newegg.com or other sites with reviews, you will see many people list the instruction manual as a con and have really negative things to say about it.

kikoandr0id    0

That's like the 4th different configuration method for the pump + fan connector placement that I've read about.

This guy works for CM and he places the pump connector on a Fan header on the mobo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_HkQF0dZE#t=2m1s

Clearly, not "as easy as that" and this really needs to be clarified once and for all by Cooler Master.

Seriously, I've never had the displeasure of dealing with such useless instructions. And this isn't just me; if you go to Newegg.com or other sites with reviews, you will see many people list the instruction manual as a con and have really negative things to say about it.

well i have the Gigabyte ga-z97x-sli and thats the way it works properly. it is the way it is meant to work...

user3822    0

well i have the Gigabyte ga-z97x-sli and thats the way it works properly. it is the way it is meant to work...

It could be that it works that way properly, it certainly does for you. But two sources from CM (who contradict each other) recommend a different way for their customers to configure their product. And if given the choice between a random person and Cooler Master, who's word should the customer take? They need to clarify this once and for all.

Xal    0

Hey there, I imagine this question has been asked in the thread before but I don't have time to go through it right now. I was wondering if someone could tell me how you mount the nepton 280l on an lga 2011-3 socket? I heard somewhere that you don't actually need to install the backplate onto the motherboard, but I'd obviously like that to be verified before I break something.

Cheers!

world    84

Hey there, I imagine this question has been asked in the thread before but I don't have time to go through it right now. I was wondering if someone could tell me how you mount the nepton 280l on an lga 2011-3 socket? I heard somewhere that you don't actually need to install the backplate onto the motherboard, but I'd obviously like that to be verified before I break something.

Cheers!

I don't have an LGA2011-3 socket, but I think the mounting system screws into the built-in bracket system that's integrated into the socket, so you don't need the backplate because of that

Hello,

A month ago i got a Nepton 240M for my 5820K.

It was about 10 days ago that i notices very strange noise and vibration from one of the fans. I did not take it out.

Yesterday the noise became very annoying and i said to myself it needs to be taken out of the system.

I found the problem on youtube between seccons 16 and 23:  

Surprise....the second fan also got this problem (i think the vibrations from the first one affected the second one also).

I got both of the fans out of the system and mounted a Thermaltake fan 220mm on top of the radiator (the case allows it) - no more noise and vibrations this way, but with a Thermatake fan.

Now i want to replace the fans but my local supplier refuses that because it wants the whole set (including radiator and pump) to send it to the service. If i do that, it takes 7-14 days until i get the spare one and i will stay without a cooler system for the CPU = unusable computer!! 

After o spend about 140$ on a cooling set i do not want to be left 7-14 days with an unusable computer.

Any advice on how to avoid that and replace only the fans? 

I want to get back to the CM fans , not to stay on an improvised solution with a bigger fan.

Thank You!

P.S. : I Have a Gygabyte X99 Gaming 7 mobo, ant the fans are on CPU_Fan and the pump is on the SYS_FAN (case fans)

I tried the pump on CPU_OPT connector but did not work.

As i found out from the mobo manual, the CPU_OPT and SYS_FAN/CPU_FAN connectors, have different configurations even if they look the same.