CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

hello

question on orientation of the inlets/outlets of the pump and radiator in the case

does it matter? should the inlets/outlets be up or down or horizontal?

i have an asus z87-pro motherboard and CM HAF XM mid tower case

thanks

scott

edit: i have the nepton 140xl cooler

I actually just asked this via support ticket and here is the response:

1. I am guessing you are meaning if the hoses are on top or on bottom? If so then no it does not matter.

I wish they would clarify these type of questions in the manual or provide a link to a FAQ.

I have my own issue:  The pump on my 140xl makes a very high-pitched whine when run on a power fan header.  If I plug it into a header that I have control over in BIOS I need to bring it down to around 40% before it become tolerable to me.  I think my ears are more sensitive than average and I literally had ringing in my ears for an hour after turning my PC off yesteday. 

My question is, do they all make this noise?  I did find a few people complaining but not enough to determine the answer.  I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done (I have a ticket in and am waiting for a reply) regarding the unit that I have so thinking ahead, not sure if exchanging the unit is an option.  I just don't want to end up shipping it back for an exchange just to find out that this noise is present on all the units.

That's possible.

For testing purpose could try to mount the radiator in the top? (if that fits)

unfortunately does not fit but for testing I was manage to hold radiator in flat position but still the same, nothing change! Also I have change grease for STG2 and temp has drop 1C compare to old one.

VERY disappointed with this Cooling system :(

post-96201-0-67521000-1419974900_thumb.jpg

PlanDreaM    0

I would like to buy the 280L for my setup(4770k and original CM Stacker STC-T01). I would ideally want to mount it outside.Can anyone measure the length of the tubes for me to see if I  can make it fit without cutting the case?Thanks!

Pclinde    197

I would like to buy the 280L for my setup(4770k and original CM Stacker STC-T01). I would ideally want to mount it outside.Can anyone measure the length of the tubes for me to see if I  can make it fit without cutting the case?Thanks!

The length is 35 cm. :)

Cheers, Pim

Pclinde    197

Thanks! That was what I needed. I am buying it :-)

Awesome! Can you share a photo when you're done? 

BiggerBFG    0
Can anyone help solve the problem of this noisy pump?

I've installed and re-installed 3 times to no avail.

I've followed the instructions of putting the pump connection into the CPU Fan socket, to no avail.

Having seen a tip on-line I've put the fan header in the CPU Fan socket and the pump header into a 3-pin socket on the MB, to no avail. This is the setup I've used in the video - https://youtu.be/mJT1Tm_2Gqs

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stats from Speccy & HWMonitor are as expected when running Handbrake with low fan RPMs and low CPU temps. Before installing the Nepton the CPU would crash at 70C when running Handbrake. For the image setup the 2 fans were connected separately (no Y connector) and the pump was in the 3-pin header.

Untitled.png

MB: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX (Socket 942) R1

Cheers

fluke    0

Hi. I appreciate if anyone can tell me if the Nepton 120XL is compatible with the Elite 130 case. Many thanks.

Sunday Morning    177

Hi. I appreciate if anyone can tell me if the Nepton 120XL is compatible with the Elite 130 case. Many thanks.

Hi Fluke,

yes .. compatible with the Elite 130

according our website : http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-itx-elite-series/elite130/

• Unprecedented airflow for a Mini-ITX case with front mesh panel and vents on the top and side panels
  • Dual Super Speed USB 3.0
  • Supports a 120mm radiator in the front
  • Supports standard length ATX PSU
  • Supports ultra high-end graphics card up to 343mm / 13.5 inch, such as AMD HD7990 and NVIDIA GTX690
  • Ample storage – up to 1 ODD / 3 HDDs / 5 SSDs:

Fan Dimensions for Cm Seidon 120xl is 120x120x25mm

Fan Dimensions for Cm Nepton 120xl is 120x120x25mm

Radiator dimensions for Seidon 120xl is 150x120x38mm

Radiator Dimensions for Nepton 120xl is 150x119x38mm

so you dont have problem with that compatible :)

admin correct me if my info is wrong

kikoandr0id    0

One thought for the Cooler Master Nepton 140XL : 

i have it coupled with intel core i7 4790, gigabyte ga-z97x-sli mobo, and a gtx 970, and when checking the temps in the gigabyte center, on idle, keeps my processor at 16-17 degrees celsius. i must say, i am very pleased with it. no whine from the pump, it is deadly silent :D